Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I have a gigabyte vega 64 gaming edition oc
So it might have some different settings/layout compared to regular vega 64?
Have you overclocked your processor?

Tomorrow I plan to connect my old Dell U2515H (Quad HD) monitor through DisplayPort to my computer. Perhaps the picture on it will not freeze, since it does not have built-in speakers. I think that the problem is in the built-in speakers, because of which for some reason the 5700 XT Pulse graphics card sometimes freezes up tightly after turning on the computer. Sometimes I also hear a small looping sound.

I have no problem with this on Windows 10. I can spend several hours on Windows 10, and always turn it on from scratch. The problem is in macOS or in OpenCore / Clover.

@vio1

you dont need to reflash full bios just reset the nvram...

Please check the following:

1-)find a usb drive format it with fat32
2-)find a opencore build it doesn't matter for which computer
3-)copy efi folder from build there are plenty of them in github
4-) boot from usb
5-) select reset nvram

Please send out your result of this solution.

Regards
kaminkerer

@vio1

you dont need to reflash full bios just reset the nvram...

Please check the following:

1-)find a usb drive format it with fat32
2-)find a opencore build it doesn't matter for which computer
3-)copy efi folder from build there are plenty of them in github
4-) boot from usb
5-) select reset nvram

Please send out your result of this solution.

Regards
kaminkerer
Did this work for you and solve the black screen without flashing the BIOS?

Did this work for you and solve the black screen without flashing the BIOS?
I was able to install windows on a ssd, and updated the bios using Asus EZ update. I was then able to enter the bios.

On a separate note, when i text someone on my mac, it shows up as green, when it should be blue (texting to an iphone). I can't seem to find out why its doing that. Any ideas?

It was unbelievable ... At some point, I thought that my motherboard was out of order.

I spent more than three hours recovering the BIOS.

What I tried to do:

- reset CMOS
- I took out the video card
- I tried to restore the BIOS from a flash drive
- He pulled out RAM
- Tried changing DisplayPort to HDMI
- Switch ports from the video card to the motherboard

None of this helped me. I wasted a ton of time.

Fortunately, I managed to solve the problem. I used the official ASUS EZ Update utility for Windows 10, which I downloaded from the official site. Through it, I installed the previous (latest) version of the BIOS, which I also downloaded from the ASUS website. The procedure took about three minutes, after which my BIOS again worked correctly. The black screen problem has been resolved.

I still don’t know why my BIOS stopped working during OpenCore testing, but maybe this is somehow related to a critical CMOS error after shutting down the Mac. If you ever encounter such a problem, you can solve it this way.

OK. Thanks.

Back