Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

You can try the EFI folder on my Z390 build. NVRAM is working. Try the EFI on post #4 of that thread. Link is below in my signature.

I Removed the remaining Clover RC-scripts along with EmuVariableUefi.efi. Then I copied SSDT-PMC.aml to Clover patched dir.
I tested NVRAM with a test variable and I can confirm it works. Thank you very much for this input.

I have one question left regarding to this. I use OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi you are using. Does it make any difference for Z390?

I Removed the remaining Clover RC-scripts along with EmuVariableUefi.efi. Then I copied SSDT-PMC.aml to Clover patched dir.
I tested NVRAM with a test variable and I can confirm it works. Thank you very much for this input.

I have one question left regarding to this. I use OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi you are using. Does it make any difference for Z390?

You can use AptioMemoryFix, OsxAptioFix3Drv, OsxAptioFixDrv, or OcQuirks. If one is working for you, there's no reason to switch.

Hi,

the guide and the community are great. I've build my first hackintosh with the same Mainboard, RAM, SSDs & the 580 Pulse. Everything works pretty fine. But now i switched to the MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming. The system runs with a small but annoying mouse bug.

After booting Catalina 10.15.3 when the login screen appears i can move the mouse for nearly 5 seconds and everything seems to be ok. After this time I can move the mouse but approximately every 3 seconds I get a milliseconds lag of the mouse cursor. Youtube and everything else works absolutely lag free! Windows runs fine! I use only one 4k monitor.

What I've already tried:
1. Changed wireless mouse with a wired mouse (no improvement)
2. Changed from 4k DP-Connection to HDMI (the lag increases to a second)
3. So I testet a 8k high performance DP-Cable (no improvement)
4. Changed the MSI RX 5700 XT with a Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC (no improvement)
5. Tested Configs & SSDTs from others with the same mainboard or GPU
6. Changed primary gpu in Bios
7. Tested iGPU 4K 60hz (everything works fine)
8. In other threads I read about problems with HCDP (but I don't know how to turn it off in Catalina)
9. Set the DP-Input to 1.1 and the lag has disappeared
10. Try every resolution and refreshrate with DP 1.2 (problem stays...)

I would be grateful for any idea!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.3 MB · Views: 79
Hi,

the guide and the community are great. I've build my first hackintosh with the same Mainboard, RAM, SSDs & the 580 Pulse. Everything works pretty fine. But now i switched to the MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming. The system runs with a small but annoying mouse bug.

After booting Catalina 10.15.3 when the login screen appears i can move the mouse for nearly 5 seconds and everything seems to be ok. After this time I can move the mouse but approximately every 3 seconds I get a milliseconds lag of the mouse cursor. Youtube and everything else works absolutely lag free! Windows runs fine! I use only one 4k monitor.

What I've already tried:
1. Changed wireless mouse with a wired mouse (no improvement)
2. Changed from 4k DP-Connection to HDMI (the lag increases to a second)
3. So I testet a 8k high performance DP-Cable (no improvement)
4. Changed the MSI RX 5700 XT with a Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC (no improvement)
5. Tested Configs & SSDTs from others with the same mainboard or GPU
6. Changed primary gpu in Bios
7. Tested iGPU 4K 60hz (everything works fine)
8. In other threads I read about problems with HCDP (but I don't know how to turn it off in Catalina)
9. Set the DP-Input to 1.1 and the lag has disappeared
10. Try every resolution and refreshrate with DP 1.2 (problem stays...)

I would be grateful for any idea!
Hi @xeido, it helps you uploaded your EFI folder. I'm posting a few screen shots to help explain what I'm seeing. I don't think it is your Video Card that is causing the issues, at least by itself.

1. Here is the first thing I saw, in Clover you are loading multiple memory drivers. Pick one method, either OcQuirks and FwRuntimeServices or OsxAptioFix2.drv, and retest.

Multiple Conflicting Memeory Drivers.png

2. You are also loading duplicate ethernet drivers, pick one or the other, not both. InternetMausiEthernet.kext is the updated version I believe but either should work by itself.

Duplicate Ethernet Drivers.png

3. You also should think seriously about creating a USB-SSDT instead of using port limit patches in your config.plist. There are plenty of guides including Youtube videos to walk you through it. Use one method or the other. Also I'm not sure what benefit you think you are getting from the SSDT you have in ACPI/patched folder but I don't see its value.

No Port Limit Patch Except in Config.plist.png

4. Your Config.plist is needlessly complicated, compared to ModMike's you have lots of unneeded patches and other issues. Have you tried just using his and changing the serial numbers?

Config.plist Comparison.png

5. Finally I suggest you look into establishing Native NVRAM, its relatively easy to do. @pastrychef and @CaseySJ have NVRAM working with their Z390 systems.

Hi @xeido, it helps you uploaded your EFI folder. I'm posting a few screen shots to help explain what I'm seeing. I don't think it is your Video Card that is causing the issues, at least by itself.

1. Here is the first thing I saw, in Clover you are loading multiple memory drivers. Pick one method, either OcQuirks and FwRuntimeServices or OsxAptioFix2.drv, and retest.

View attachment 449010

2. You are also loading duplicate ethernet drivers, pick one or the other, not both. InternetMausiEthernet.kext is the updated version I believe but either should work by itself.

View attachment 449011

3. You also should think seriously about creating a USB-SSDT instead of using port limit patches in your config.plist. There are plenty of guides including Youtube videos to walk you through it. Use one method or the other. Also I'm not sure what benefit you think you are getting from the SSDT you have in ACPI/patched folder but I don't see its value.

View attachment 449014

4. Your Config.plist is needlessly complicated, compared to ModMike's you have lots of unneeded patches and other issues. Have you tried just using his and changing the serial numbers?

View attachment 449015

5. Finally I suggest you look into establishing Native NVRAM, its relatively easy to do. @pastrychef and @CaseySJ have NVRAM working with their Z390 systems.

Thank you so much for your advice!

I've tested with mikes EFI-Folder by adding boot-argument agpdmod=pikera. Boot and loggin runs fine, but the issue with the mouse stays the same. Next thing I started with is to build my own SDDT for USB. I followed RehabMan's guide. I need to have 15 Ports (USB 2.0 & USB 3.0). If I plugin an 3.1-Device HS02 & SS06 will be assigned. Both ports are not taken into account with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. So I exceed port limitation. Is it possible to let the port, where my NCXT-Watercooling is plugged in, unconsidered? Because it gets electricity anyway.

Best wishes

Thank you so much for your advice!

I've tested with mikes EFI-Folder by adding boot-argument agpdmod=pikera. Boot and login runs fine, but the issue with the mouse stays the same. Next thing I started with is to build my own SDDT for USB. I followed RehabMan's guide. I need to have 15 Ports (USB 2.0 & USB 3.0). If I plugin an 3.1-Device HS02 & SS06 will be assigned. Both ports are not taken into account with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. So I exceed port limitation. Is it possible to let the port, where my NCXT-Watercooling is plugged in, unconsidered? Because it gets electricity anyway.

Best wishes
What did you decide about item number one, I think it is the most noteworthy issue you had. Did you make changes to the memory drivers you are loading? I am uploading ModMikes driver selection to show you he uses a different memory driver and that alone could be your problem. I would eliminate OcQuirks, FwRuntimeServices and OsxAptioFix2.drv and use OSXAptioFixDrv.efi and EmuVariableUefi.efi instead because they have been proven to work with your board. EmuVariableUefi.efi is only needed if you haven't established Native NVRAM but that can wait until later.

One other memory related suggestion if nothing else works, if you have XMP Profiles enabled in the bios try without them.

Asus Z390 Drivers.png

I don't know the answer to your Water Cooling USB connector question, my assumption is that port needs to be implemented for the device to function properly. You can eliminate it in the SSDT and test functionality but beware of rising temps!

I do recommend trying Hackintool to help with your USB DDST. You can use the export button to create either a kext or the finished SSDT. It can be downloaded from this site.

Hackintool USB.png

Last edited:
What did you decide about item number one, I think it is the most noteworthy issue you had. Did you make changes to the memory drivers you are loading? I am uploading ModMikes driver selection to show you he uses a different memory driver and that alone could be your problem. I would eliminate OcQuirks, FwRuntimeServices and OsxAptioFix2.drv and use OSXAptioFixDrv.efi and EmuVariableUefi.efi instead because they have been proven to work with your board. EmuVariableUefi.efi is only needed if you haven't established Native NVRAM but that can wait until later.

One other memory related suggestion if nothing else works, if you have XMP Profiles enabled in the bios try without them.

View attachment 449179

I don't know the answer to your Water Cooling USB connector question, my assumption is that port needs to be implemented for the device to function properly. You can eliminate it in the SSDT and test functionality but beware of rising temps!

I do recommend trying Hackintool to help with your USB DDST. You can use the export button to create either a kext or the finished SSDT. It can be downloaded from this site.

View attachment 449180

Leesureone, thank you for your replies!

Today I've tested an OpenCore-EFI-Partition of an user with the same mainboard like me. I only adapted the code for the 5700 XT. But Problem stills the same.

I resetted my BIOS and adjusted it like Mike did. Then I put his EFI-Folder to my partition and added "pikera". No improvement...

After that, I updated driver folder (OSXAptioFixDrv.efi and EmuVariableUefi.efi). Restarted with different bios adjustments for XMP-Profiles but my millisecond mouse lag stands by me and my hackintosh.

Tomorrow I will try to configure an SSDT for my USB and activate native NVRAM.

I will report...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 69
Hello, I build my new rig with the estimated parts of ModMike from page 1 of this wonderful guide instead of his suggested CPU- I go for the 9600K.
With the EFI from Post #1 for Catalina setup everything was working instead of WOL. After a second, the PC awake, and it was booting again.
So I messed with Clover and different setups, but I can't get WOL working.
Could anybody provide an EFI folder with working WOL who has the same setup (ASUS ROG STRIX Z-390-I Gaming, i5-9600K and HD 630)?
Any help would be highly appreciated...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 80
Hello, I build my new rig with the estimated parts of ModMike from page 1 of this wonderful guide instead of his suggested CPU- I go for the 9600K.
With the EFI from Post #1 for Catalina setup everything was working instead of WOL. After a second, the PC awake, and it was booting again.
So I messed with Clover and different setups, but I can't get WOL working.
Could anybody provide an EFI folder with working WOL who has the same setup (ASUS ROG STRIX Z-390-I Gaming, i5-9600K and HD 630)?
Any help would be highly appreciated...
My two cents. WOL is configured in the BIOS and in Energy Preferences. Typically, it is recommended to turn it off in Hackintosh builds, that being said I've used it before without issue. I looked at your EFI folder and 1st off your ACPI/patched folder looks like an OpenCore configuration. I'm not sure if you are benefiting from some its contents being you are using Clover.

SSDT-PMC.aml is good for enabling NVRAM and you need a working SSDT-UAIC.aml for a proper USB configuration but I think the balance of content is unnecessary.

I also noticed your SSDT_UAIC is not exactly right and that by itself could be your issue with sleep/ wake. For every USB3 port you need an HS entry and an SS entry as well to make that port work as designed. For the most part you do except for port SS02, there is no corresponding HS02 entry.

Also I don't think there should be a need for the USBPower.kext if your UAIC_SSDT is configured correctly. Same for XHCI-unsupported.kext, get that out of there.

I'm also not sure what you are trying to accomplish below with the Kernel Patch, I would use the patches ModMike has in his config.plist instead.

Just some suggestions, can't say it will make a difference but simpler is usually better.

ALC Awake.png

Your EFI Folder.png

Back