Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Thank you. I will try to remove also the 3rd patch and will report back.
Looks there were four total USB patches applied in his Mojave config.plist /kexts to patch. Bet you are already checking that out though.

Hi,

I followed your guide, and it installed easily. But now I can’t get WiFi or Bluetooth to work and no LAN either (even though the cable is added). Should note though I tried an Intel M.2 card for WiFi and Bluetooth and not dell.

my setup
Asus prime z390-p
I7 9700
Rx580 sapphire pulse
Intel wireless ac 9260

Any ideas how to start up WiFi?

thanks,

patrik

Hi,

I followed your guide, and it installed easily. But now I can’t get WiFi or Bluetooth to work and no LAN either (even though the cable is added). Should note though I tried an Intel M.2 card for WiFi and Bluetooth and not dell.

my setup
Asus prime z390-p
I7 9700
Rx580 sapphire pulse
Intel wireless ac 9260

Any ideas how to start up WiFi?

thanks,

patrik
The Intel wireless/Bluetooth card isn't supported in OS X so there is no way to get that to work. If you need wireless best to purchase a Dell DW1560 card for ease of modifying the board. You have a Realtek® RTL8111H LAN controller which is different than the Gaming I board. The Realtek LAN kext available in the download section of this site, get it, mount your EFI partition and then move the new kext to your EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder and reboot.

Looks there were four total USB patches applied in his Mojave config.plist /kexts to patch. Bet you are already checking that out though.
This I have in my config.plist:
I removed the 2 USB patches I don't have 4.
I downloaded the Catalina EFI not the Mojave.
Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-08 um 19.45.40.png

And this are my 15 USB ports
Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-08 um 19.45.54.png

Last edited:
This I have in my config.plist:
I removed the 2 USB patches I don't have 4.
I downloaded the Catalina EFI not the Mojave.
View attachment 439442

And this are my 15 USB ports
There you go, all I can say is there seem to be more reported USB issues relating to external sound processing devices than anything else. I assume you've tried other ports and eliminating as many other devices as possible when testing through put. I don't know what else to suggest at this point.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Has anyone come across the issue where it gets stuck at the "15 minutes remaining" portion of the install? I've looked at tons of other threads with this issue, and I have gone through all those options. I have tried every aptio variant and have spent hours trying to get this working on the Z390-I gaming with zero luck. I am on the latest BIOS, and I guess that has probably broke something. If anyone has gotten 10.14.6 to work, any input or driver suggestions would be helpful.

So far using the typical UniBeast USB install, the initial process just hangs and can't even get to the install. If I use the EFI from OP, I get a little further in the install but then hit that 15 minute issue. Unfortunately, all the threads I've read that have successfully navigated have resolved them completely differently and contradictory from another. Some just out of pure luck started working.

Back