Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I have to say thank u again @ModMike ! Everything runs really well! U give me a very nice entry into the Hackintosh world. Love it.

I am looking forward to your Catalina update.

Yes same for me unfortunately... looks like fans are not supported on RehabMans kexts. U can use VirtualSMC instead... I tried it a few hours ago, but there is also not showing everyting. The funny part its, that its showing the case fan, but not the CPU fan :D
Thanks for testing this, was about to try VirtualSMC as well. According to this thread VirtualSMC should provide support for both case and CPU fan but obviously there are some issues. Let's hope Catalina makes them work :)

Maybe I did something wrong... I didn't use that guide. Feel free to give it a try. I ll try it maybe tomorrow if I find some motivation :)
I don't need the fan speeds that much.

Found information that it would be enough to update EVO Plus drivers in Windows, and I did it. It can cause the problem? Will try that next night. Thank you.
Yes, without the firmware update install will always fail. When I updated mine, Samsung had you create a bootable Linux disk independent of Windows.But now the Samsung Magician Software has been updated to support the EVO Plus drives.
Here's the link:

Thanks for testing this, was about to try VirtualSMC as well. According to this thread VirtualSMC should provide support for both case and CPU fan but obviously there are some issues. Let's hope Catalina makes them work :)

My computer refused to boot after following these instructions and deleting those files made it work again. :ugeek:

Does anyone else have bluetooth problems after waking up? Bluetooth seems to be disabled but I can't enable it. A reboot fixes it but it's quite annoying when you are dependent on a bluetooth mouse.
The bluetooth menu in the system settings says it's "on" but all devices are disconnected. If I go into the Bluetooth File Transfer it asks my to turn on bluetooth but I just get the beachball for a couple of seconds and the message returns.

My computer refused to boot after following these instructions and deleting those files made it work again. :ugeek:

Does anyone else have bluetooth problems after waking up? Bluetooth seems to be disabled but I can't enable it. A reboot fixes it but it's quite annoying when you are dependent on a bluetooth mouse.
The bluetooth menu in the system settings says it's "on" but all devices are disconnected. If I go into the Bluetooth File Transfer it asks my to turn on bluetooth but I just get the beachball for a couple of seconds and the message returns.

Strange, it worked for me like a charm. It just not showed up the new Fans....
For this cases always have a USB stick too boot from with the right EFI Folder on hand.

Found information that it would be enough to update evo plus drivers in windows, did it. It can cause the problem? Will try that next night. Thank you.

Look into my build... there are also instructions how to do it.

MacPro 6.1 Build

@ModMike what BIOS setting are u using in terms of the AURO light? My light never switch off... doesn't matter what APM settings I go for. Its always on or always off...

I installed successfully my build with Mojave 14.4 a couple of months ago, but now I had a problem with sleep/shutdown.
Sometimes when I put my computer to sleep or to shut down only the monitor turn off, the pc remains on. The real problem is that I don't know what it is and how to find out.
Can you help me? thanks
Same problem here. Did you fix it?

Hey guys! Could you advise me? I'm going to build the same build except a few components - i7-9700k (maybe will be upgraded to i9 later but not exactly) / DDR4 32gb (2x16gb) / msi Radeon Vega 56 / PCIe SSD 250Gb / PCIe SSD 1Tb / HDD 3.5" / CPU cooling NZXT Kraken X52 or air cooler Noctua low profile (it depends on itx case). I'm considering Corsair SF600, Corsair SF750 and Seasonic Focus 650W (SSR-650SGX). Which one do I choose? I appreciate any help.

Back