Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Hello,

Can you please read my PC details and guide me?
1- I've NVIDIA 970 so what must I put in EFI? DGPU or IGPU?
2- Mojave installation stucks on "2 minutes remaining" and mouse stops responding, any idea how to get around it?
3- My main storage is NVME.M2 on which EFI partition and Windows is installed and I'm installing Mojave on an 80GB SATA drive, can normally use macOS and Windows 10 in this scenario, if I follow your directions from point 17 to 23 under "Installing Mojave"
4- If you help me and I manage to install Mojave on my PC, is it okay to restore bios to original settings?

Thank you.

Hello,

Can you please read my PC details and guide me?
1- I've NVIDIA 970 so what must I put in EFI? DGPU or IGPU?

Thank you.
Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I read Nvidia has never published driver for Mojave. So you may be stuck at High Sierra.

Hi @ModMike , Like your work very much! Ik just did my first build. Checked everything on Windows first, PC works fine. Now I try to get macOS Mojave installed, but no success. Followed your guide to the letter (I think), and I get black screens again and again.

I'm use an Asus ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming * i7-9700K * 32GB RAM * Samsung - 970 EVO 512 GB M.2-2280 SSD * Intel UHD 630 Graphics.

I am at a loss... so I hope someone can help me get a step further!

Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I read Nvidia has never published driver for Mojave. So you may be stuck at High Sierra.
Hello,

Okay, so after your answer, I installed macOS Sierra, because I had it, and I was first time able to install using this post.
I want to ask, can you please tell me how can I get my GTX 970 to work with macOS Sierra? Please tell me the steps, I shall be very thankful

Hello,

Okay, so after your answer, I installed macOS Sierra, because I had it, and I was first time able to install using this post.
I want to ask, can you please tell me how can I get my GTX 970 to work with macOS Sierra? Please tell me the steps, I shall be very thankful
You will need to download and install the Nvidia Web drivers for you card. Links are available on this site. @trankilou is right, Nvidia is not supported after High Sierra.

Sorry never got an Nvidia since ages
Did you try to follow this guide ?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-high-sierra-10-13-6-387-10-10-10-40.255913/

You will need to download and install the Nvidia Web drivers for you card. Links are available on this site. @trankilou is right, Nvidia is not supported after High Sierra.

Hello,

I was able to install NVIDIA GTX970 Drivers using this video:

Now I don't have access to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and internal SSD that is EVO 970 Plus 250GB :cry: .. If there is any guideline to make these things work, please tell me.

1- Intel® Wireless-AC 9560
2- Bluetooth V5
3- 970 EVO Plus 250GB

Thank you so much for helping this far.

Quote Reply
Edit

Last edited:
Hello @ModMike

Your guide was the only one that successfully lead me to install macOS Sierra. My question is, are these built in devices still not supported and EVO plus?

2- Bluetooth V5
3- 970 EVO Plus 250GB

If there is any guide how can they work, please help me. I've ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E

and thank you so much for great guide, it was the first time in life I was successfully able to install a macOS on my PC using all the settings you suggested to change in BIOS and every other thing.

Thanks a lot

Hello @ModMike

Your guide was the only one that successfully lead me to install macOS Sierra. My question is, are these built in devices still not supported and EVO plus?

2- Bluetooth V5
3- 970 EVO Plus 250GB

If there is any guide how can they work, please help me. I've ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E

and thank you so much for great guide, it was the first time in life I was successfully able to install a macOS on my PC using all the settings you suggested to change in BIOS and every other thing.

Thanks a lot
1. Not supported
2. Not supported
3. With firmware update supported

1. Not supported
2. Not supported
3. With firmware update supported

Hello,

I downloaded the Samsung Magician software and it updated the firmware of my 970 EVO plus, then I restarted into macOS Sierra but in Disk Utilities, it is still now showing up, can you please tell me the steps?

Thank you

Back