Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Do yourself a favor and buy a motherboard that has more than one pcie expansion slot. That would allow you to use an adapter in one of them for an Apple Airport card....natively supported! Lots of folks have battled the Dell 1560 card, and some have lost, trying to get bluetooth working.

I never had any problems with Bluetooth/WiFi regarding to Dell 1560 card. Great card and works perfectly if correctly configured.

I have managed to successfully install Mojave but only with the iGPU.

I have a GTX 1080 Ti that I took from an Alienware Desktop but have been unable to get the BIOS or boot menu to display from it.

I have read a few other forums that there may be compatibility issues with ASUS motherboards and GTX 1080 Ti.

This is posing as a problem because I can't run my Hackintosh with the GTX 1080 Ti.

The GTX 1080 Ti runs perfectly fine with my Windows 10 on the same motherboard.

Might anyone have any idea how to go about fixing this?

The BIOS shows up when I connect it directly to the iGPU, and I have tried tinkering with the BIOS iGPU or PCIe settings.

Asus ROG Strix Z390-i Gaming
i7-8700K
GTX 1080 Ti

Thanks in advance!
Keep in mind that Mojave does not support Nvidia acceleration ATM.

I never had any problems with Bluetooth/WiFi regarding to Dell 1560 card. Great card and works perfectly if correctly configured.
Me neither after updating it in windows but there sure seem to be a lot of people who did.

Works pretty well, also, but I noticed the range is shorter than my iMac 27" 13,2. I could notice with my BT headset moving around in the living room. The distance is less than 8m, with my iMac I could walk to more than 10m away without being disconnected

Works pretty well, also, but I noticed the range is shorter than my iMac 27" 13,2. I could notice with my BT headset moving around in the living room. The distance is less than 8m, with my iMac I could walk to more than 10m away without being disconnected
Dell 1560 and BCM943602CS cards both using BT 4.0 which supports a maximum range of 100m. I don't know which card you are using in your IMac but your probably can get a better BT range on your hackintosh with better antennas. My BT range is about 20m.

I don't know which card you are using in your IMac
The iMac is an original from Apple. I don't know what they put into.
I just noticed the range of my Dell 1560 which is in my "Hackintosh" has a shorter range, even with antenna outside (the ones which come with the Asus board).

Interesting. You just update from the update menu? Didn't change any kext and it works?
I updated all four hacks without needing to update Clover or kexts, no issues. Usually that's true with the incremental updates but nothing wrong with updating everything either (usually...ha!)

Last edited:
Keep in mind that Mojave does not support Nvidia acceleration ATM.

Thanks for your input. Will keep that in mind.

But I think for now the issue stems from the fact I can't even get the GTX 1080 Ti to natively boot BIOS, even if I were to select the PCI-e option under the graphics in BIOS.

Might anyone have a similar issue or know a workaround?

Back