Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Mike, I have read all 113 pages of this thread. You have tirelessly worked through every issue, it's pretty amazing. I bought everything you used except I got an i5-9700K. The case (I love it, thanks for the heads up on it) and memory will be delivered tomorrow. I have the workspace ready, beer is cold and can't wait to dig into this. I did a previous one 5 years ago but something went wrong, and I couldn't install Mojave with the old hardware. So I got all new based on this build. I will report back....thank you!

Mike, I have read all 113 pages of this thread. You have tirelessly worked through every issue, it's pretty amazing. I bought everything you used except I got an i5-9700K. The case (I love it, thanks for the heads up on it) and memory will be delivered tomorrow. I have the workspace ready, beer is cold and can't wait to dig into this. I did a previous one 5 years ago but something went wrong, and I couldn't install Mojave with the old hardware. So I got all new based on this build. I will report back....thank you!

First of all thank you so much for taking the time to drop in and say hello. I guess we are case mates now!

I will keep that in mind when I boot into the BIOS in future thanks. And great, let me know if its better to use over the 2012

So far it’s a real nightmare. I even had to reset CMOS. I am still not up and running but don’t let that deter you.

If you are starting fresh you should be ok to upgrade. I am going back to the pit to try again and should be reporting back in an hour.

Really looking forward to opening the box and getting it together tomorrow. Creating new 14.4.4 USB right now......

I believe I have done everything according to the guide, but I cannot get the USB to create the installer. It either says copying files for about an hour until I close the application (nothing copied to the USB stick) or gives an error as you can see in the screenshot. I'm using a 32GB stick erased and set to GUID partition and using macOS extended (Journaled)

Attachments

• IMG_2742.jpg
    IMG_2742.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 54
Hi.
I had this problems with BIOS 2401 too.
Start of OSX never ended. the progress bar never disappeared.
I couldn't go back to BIOS 2012 because ASUS said the BIOS file would not be OK.
So i had to find a workaround.

I used an ASROCK Z390 Board before and had a similar Problem, so i simply tested "Pupins" workaround from this thread:

in Clover configurator --> ACPI -->Patches

Comment: Fix AsRock Z390 BIOS DSDT Device(RTC) bug
Find: A00A9353 54415301
Replace: A00A910A FF0BFFFF

It seems this solved the Problem with the never ending start of OSX.
But shutdown now fails. :(

Hi.
I had this problems with BIOS 2401 too.
Start of OSX never ended. the progress bar never disappeared.
I couldn't go back to BIOS 2012 because ASUS said the BIOS file would not be OK.
So i had to find a workaround.

I used an ASROCK Z390 Board before and had a similar Problem, so i simply tested "Pupins" workaround from this thread:

in Clover configurator --> ACPI -->Patches

Comment: Fix AsRock Z390 BIOS DSDT Device(RTC) bug
Find: A00A9353 54415301
Replace: A00A910A FF0BFFFF

It seems this solved the Problem with the never ending start of OSX.
But shutdown now fails. :(

I believe this was fixed in Clover r4912. I’m on r4918.

Edit: fixed typo

Last edited:
Back