Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

@pastrychef and @dolgarrenan Do I need USB inject if I am using Rehabmans USBInjectAll and custom SSDT?

@pastrychef I believe you where the one who suggested them to me. I was wondering about them though since Lilu + WhatEverGreen took those functions over.

The frame buffer patch is to boost IGPU VRAM cache to 2Mb from 1.5 for IGPU users who have 4K displays. Was hoping it would fix one of the users issues with slow UI.

I doubt I would recommend these. I've never used them before and didn't even know what they were for. Lol

On desktops, usually, there's no need to set IGPU VRAM from config.plist because they can be set in BIOS (unless you are using a prebuilt OEM system such as those from Dell and HP with limited BIOS settings).

Please see the EFI folder from my Z370 build thread and this post which explains what everything is doing. I've had a few Z390 users use my EFI folder without issues and all they had to do was add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. Also, in post #1, you will find images of how to configure IGPU if you have a 9th gen CPU.

So the wifi card can be replaced with anything compatible with Hackintosh? I have Asus Zephyrus M with same 9560, but I'm confused with what to replace.

I doubt I would recommend these. I've never used them before and didn't even know what they were for. Lol

On desktops, usually, there's no need to set IGPU VRAM from config.plist because they can be set in BIOS (unless you are using a prebuilt OEM system such as those from Dell and HP with limited BIOS settings).

Please see the EFI folder from my Z370 build thread and this post which explains what everything is doing. I've had a few Z390 users use my EFI folder without issues and all they had to do was add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. Also, in post #1, you will find images of how to configure IGPU if you have a 9th gen CPU.

Not IGPU VRAM, VRAM CACHE.

I did use your guide when I started but ran into several issues that you walked me through, which is why I complied this guide.

So the wifi card can be replaced with anything compatible with Hackintosh? I have Asus Zephyrus M with same 9560, but I'm confused with what to replace.

I can't really say, all I can tell you is that I used a DW1560 and it was the same physical size as the included one, fit perfectly, and worked out f the box. It seems like all other card options are physically different and don't fit into the slot like the OEM one does.

I could be wrong but it's a proven quantity so get a DW1560.

Not IGPU VRAM, VRAM CACHE.

I did use your guide when I started but ran into several issues that you walked me through, which is why I complied this guide.

Try leaving the entire config.plist > Devices > Properties section blank to see if it corrects the issues users are having.

Mojave has support for 8th ten Intel CPUs. it will correctly recognize the IGPU automatically and there should be no need to configure anything. Only 9th gen CPU users will need to configure anything because macOS doesn't have full support for those IGPUs yet.

@pastrychef All changes made except framebuffer patch for ram cache. That was done as per the framebuffer patch guide and may help user who need the extra cache.

Your post explains what each option does was very helpful, wish I had found it before.

BINGO...

I was as confident as you were about the install guide and your EFI folder so I looked into why my UEFI wasn't showing up in my boot options in the BIOS. Found this Start UEFI shell - section 4.1.2 and it worked. I'm up, booting from my drive, thank goodness. And THANK YOU for all your help. Now to get all my apps installed. :)

I am trying to fix this for other users who may have the same issue. Can you post your EFI folder so that I can see how the boot path changed? I think I may have a simpler solution.

Thanks.

@pastrychef and @dolgarrenan Do I need USB inject if I am using Rehabmans USBInjectAll and custom SSDT?

View attachment 392385
well, if you connect a USB powered HDD and come up with the "Connect USB to a power source" and get no connection, then you'll know you have to activate some of the options above mentioned, otherwise, you could leave it blank and just work regularly with SSDT and USBIjectAll.kext.

Device ID would be helpful in some cases to properly recognise some CPUs display controller and be able to create and compile the proper framebuffer, be it on .plist or onto a SSDT (which is what I have created).

well, if you connect a USB powered HDD and come up with the "Connect USB to a power source" and get no connection, then you'll know you have to activate some of the options above mentioned, otherwise, you could leave it blank and just work regularly with SSDT and USBIjectAll.kext.

Device ID would be helpful in some cases to properly recognise some CPUs display controller and be able to create and compile the proper framebuffer, be it on .plist or onto a SSDT (which is what I have created).

Doesn't Clover read the device ID from the SMBIOS section or do I need to inject it? Everything looks fine when I use Hackintools to validate.

Back