Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

For case install did you have to buy any fans (if can provide links) , and how did you install case

Edit : Love this setup bro inspired me to buy same case and all that

What a brilliant effort! And it somehow saved my hack when I tried to drop my Clover for OpenCore. Really appreciate it.

I think this is 5th time I'm trying to post about the same thing but my post gets deleted (not sure why)

Anyhow,
@ModMike your beta dGPU works fine, however there are two things that can be improved
- USB Port Limit patches can be removed
- I'm not sure if Disable RTC checksum patch is correct. After reading a couple of threads OC guide/Github issues (can't share them because I think my post is getting deleted because of them) I think this is the correct way to do that is following:

• AppleRtcRam as false (since you do not have this protocol to override), and <58 59> in 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:rtc-blacklist (since it is better to kill both bytes of the checksum to avoid confusion) for boot.efi. For other firmwares it may obviously be not just these two bytes.
  • DisableRtcChecksum kernel quirk or RTCMemoryFixup configured to exclude <58 59> and any other bytes if necessary (we expect to add support for reading its configuration from NVRAM) for kernelspace.

I'd love it if somebody with more experience would chip in :)

Thanks!

Does anyone experience crackling or popping audio using HDMI audio? Motherboard line out works perfectly, but when outputted on my monitor, it starts to crack something and a second no sound and resumes with some crackling. It works fine on my Windows boot partition. Any ideas what's causing this? Using ModMike's latest OC EFI and it's currently driving me crazy.

Does anyone experience crackling or popping audio using HDMI audio? Motherboard line out works perfectly, but when outputted on my monitor, it starts to crack something and a second no sound and resumes with some crackling. It works fine on my Windows boot partition. Any ideas what's causing this? Using ModMike's latest OC EFI and it's currently driving me crazy.
Try updating your kexts, specifically AppleALC, and see if that helps. You may need to use a different Device ID. Search for the "Dortania Post Install Fixing Audio with AppleALC: for more information.

Attachments

• Audio.png
    Audio.png
    396.7 KB · Views: 33
Huge thanks to OP for this thread and their opening post. I just switched to this MB and the writeup made this essentially a 1-click install. Had a fresh MacOS install around on a drive, so just copied the OpenCore folder and I was up and running. Did my own serial to get all services working. This is also my first OpenCore build :).

Did I miss it, or were the frame patches not available in the first post? I read the Normally I'd scour the thread but, well there's 452 pages. I have a blower Vega 64, so loud in a sea of Noctua's :(. I scored 54,200 OpenCL and 57,100 in Metal. The first post says that in OCC, you go to ACPI and select your GPU patch, however I didn't see any there in both the beta and non-beta dGPU EFI's. If someone can point my in the right direction, that'd be appreciated.

He writes "Clover and older configurations are deprecated". If you are looking for the GPU patch that is supposed to raise performance there is a link within the spoiler content to the "original thread" where you may find what you are asking about. @Modmikes write up for the GPU boost was based on Clover which I think was why it wasn't included in his OC efforts.

Here is another link to the original thread, try searching within it for more results related to your Vega.

He writes "Clover and older configurations are deprecated". If you are looking for the GPU patch that is supposed to raise performance there is a link within the spoiler content to the "original thread" where you may find what you are asking about. @Modmikes write up for the GPU boost was based on Clover which I think was why it wasn't included in his OC efforts.

Here is another link to the original thread, try searching within it for more results related to your Vega.

Thanks for this. I knew Clover was deprecated, I've done this new build entirely on OpenCore. In post one of this thread, step six says to pick the ACPI frame buffer for your GPU, however when I DLed it, I didn't see any GPU's. That's where my confusion was

Nonetheless, that thread you linked is very helpful and seems to have what I'm looking for. Thanks

Thanks for this. I knew Clover was deprecated, I've done this new build entirely on OpenCore. In post one of this thread, step six says to pick the ACPI frame buffer for your GPU, however when I DLed it, I didn't see any GPU's. That's where my confusion was

Nonetheless, that thread you linked is very helpful and seems to have what I'm looking for. Thanks
Edit: I thought that whole section was done with clover, my bad. I saw the Open Core Configurator (which I avoid) shots and without reading over it again thought it was Clover Configurator. He eliminated those ACPI patches somewhere along the way and never updated the guide to reflect the change. He only pops in once and a while now.

Last edited:
Hi. Thank you! The installation of Big Sur 11.1 went without problems with your OC-Folder. I did a clean install from USB. All seems to work, but I get sudden reboots randomly quite often. Sometimes during downloads but also in other situations. It seems to be related to high download data transfer... also happens when watching 4K videos on YouTube. What can I try to find the problem?

(i7 8700, Radeon pro WX4100)

Last edited:
Back