Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

So does every thing work now? How about HDMI audio (if I remember correctly). Did the new version of AppleALC fix things for you?
I am using DisplayPort on my graphics card)

I did not make any changes to my configuration. After three freezes after installing macOS 10.15.4, I did not have such problems. I do not know why, but my computer no longer freezes. Perhaps the operating system optimized itself somehow.

Over the past 48 hours, I have not had a single hang. The user @FormerUser-50757 also resolved the problem after a while without any obvious reason.

I am using DisplayPort on my graphics card)

I did not make any changes to my configuration. After three freezes after installing macOS 10.15.4, I did not have such problems. I do not know why, but my computer no longer freezes. Perhaps the operating system optimized itself somehow.

Over the past 48 hours, I have not had a single hang. The user @FormerUser-50757 also resolved the problem after a while without any obvious reason.

My 10.15.4 was freezing a lot for more than a week. It could be that the OS performed some magic, but I think it was flipping the IOAPIC setting in BIOS to disabled, booting, and then restarting again with it enabled. Seems that this BIOS setting is a switch. The freezing for me was only really happening under load, so it may be that other users aren’t experiencing the freezing because they aren’t pushing their systems very hard and aren’t stressing the PCI-E PCH lanes?

My 10.15.4 was freezing a lot for more than a week. It could be that the OS performed some magic, but I think it was flipping the IOAPIC setting in BIOS to disabled, booting, and then restarting again with it enabled. Seems that this BIOS setting is a switch. The freezing for me was only really happening under load, so it may be that other users aren’t experiencing the freezing because they aren’t pushing their systems very hard and aren’t stressing the PCI-E PCH lanes?
My video card crashed without an obvious load, 5-15 minutes after turning on the computer. Yesterday I tried to watch the video in 8K 60fps, the video card was heavily loaded, but there were no problems for 30 minutes.

Did you enable IOAPIC in the BIOS settings?

My video card crashed without an obvious load, 5-15 minutes after turning on the computer. Yesterday I tried to watch the video in 8K 60fps, the video card was heavily loaded, but there were no problems for 30 minutes.

Yes I re-enabled it.

The exact procedure was: go into BIOS and set to disabled, then actually boot the OS with it disabled. Now restart and go back into BIOS and re-enable it. Then boot to the OS again With it enabled.

Yes I re-enabled it.

The exact procedure was: go into BIOS and set to disabled, then actually boot the OS with it disabled. Now restart and go back into BIOS and re-enable it. Then boot to the OS again With it enabled.
Also, the freezing for me was random, sometimes under no load, (But that was much less frequent and likley) but I could get it crash very easily EVERY time under certain workflows in apps.

So it is crashing again? Does it crash when it is doing multiple things, like accessing multiple IO devices at a time?

So it is crashing again? Does it crash when it is doing multiple things, like accessing multiple IO devices at a time?
I meant that I conducted the test for 30 minutes, and there were no problems.

Now I do not experience problems with freezes, at least for the last two days they have not been.

@ModMike,
EFI fixed my sleep issue! Thank you so much!

Hi. Does your BIOS post in safe mode after recent clover updates (after 5107)? I used your EFI but still same results. Any ideas? Thanks

If I hit CTR ALT DLT system boots normal until next restart.

@ModMike,

Hi. Does your BIOS post in safe mode after recent clover updates (after 5107)? I used your EFI but still same results. Any ideas? Thanks

Did you try unplugging it and clearing the CMOS? This board is kind of particular that way and @ModMike has documented the need on occasion, I found it to be necessary as well.

Last edited:
@ModMike,

It had gone away but it just started again so I set BIOS as follows:

Boot->Boot Configuration->Wait for 'F1' if error->Disabled

I still keep an eye on my posting but so far so good, even with Clover 5109.

Last edited:
Back