Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Thanks.

Posting earlier this evening was the first I saw of the firmware update for the EVO Plus. Unfortunately for me, I purchased and installed the new SSD and successfully installed Mojave over a week ago. I haven't had time to do anything but sulk over the Bluetooth issue since then.

Today, I backed up my working Mojave build with Carbon Copy Cloner. I then took the EVO Plus (with Windows 10 previously installed, being it was useless to for the Hackintosh build at the time) and re installed it into another available M.2 slot.

Windows booted normally. It also picked up the Bluetooth from the Fenvi T919.

Shut down, and then rebooted into macOS. Low and behold, I'm finding TVs, Mice, and soundbars.

I connected to my Magic Mouse just fine. But, it is lags about 2 seconds after initial movement, and intermittently after that. Is there a way to remedy this issue?
That firmware is really new....is your Bluetooth lag antenna related?

That firmware is really new....is your Bluetooth lag antenna related?
Not completely sure. I did check them fore tightness, even put the mouse closer to the tower (on the floor). Still did the same thing. I connected the Magic Mouse 1 through Windows, and it seemed to work fine besides the scrolling feature.
I was gonna hook up a UE Boom to check for audio lag, but it was dead I needed to get to bed.

Not completely sure. I did check them fore tightness, even put the mouse closer to the tower (on the floor). Still did the same thing. I connected the Magic Mouse 1 through Windows, and it seemed to work fine besides the scrolling feature.
I was gonna hook up a UE Boom to check for audio lag, but it was dead I needed to get to bed.

Could you try testing your Magic Mouse with WiFi disabled?

Also make sure you aren’t loading Kexts from ModMike's EFI folders to support your WiFi/ Bluetooth functions. You shouldn't need them with the Fenvi card. Specifically delete the AirportBrcmFixup, BrcmFirmwareData and BrcmPatchRam2 kexts.

Attachments

• Kexts Screen Shot.png
    Kexts Screen Shot.png
    239 KB · Views: 78
Also make sure you aren’t loading Kexts from ModMike's EFI folders to support your WiFi/ Bluetooth functions. You shouldn't need them with the Fenvi card. Specifically delete the AirportBrcmFixup, BrcmFirmwareData and BrcmPatchRam2 kexts.
thank you for the suggestions

So far I can confirm that disabling the 2.4GHz band on the router has no affect on the laggy Bluetooth.
I also removed all three of the kext you mentioned above. the mouse seemed a bit more laggy at start up after that, as if it had to warm up.
WiFi with the Fenvi would not work until I re-installed the Airportbrcmfixup kext.

thank you for the suggestions

So far I can confirm that disabling the 2.4GHz band on the router has no affect on the laggy Bluetooth.
I also removed all three of the kext you mentioned above. the mouse seemed a bit more laggy at start up after that, as if it had to warm up.
WiFi with the Fenvi would not work until I re-installed the Airportbrcmfixup kext.

That was my bad, sorry bud....I bought a genuine Apple Airport card and a separate adapter which doesn't need drivers. With the Broadcom chipset you do.

For Bluetooth try:

Install to /Library/Extensions/ with KextBeast:
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
change config.plist to:
  • CsrActiveConfig 0x3 (partial disable SIP) or 0x67 (completely disable SIP)
The Broadcom guide on this site calls for only two total kexts, one for Wifi, One for Bluetooth. I've got a couple machines working using this method. Might be worth a try as well.

#update

When I boot into MacOS Mojave, checked 'Find My Mac' in iCloud settings, and, afterwards, did a reboot/sleep. The 'Find My Mac' was unchecked again. I did some research, and it as to do with NVRAM not working properly. As far as I read on the Internet the Asus ROG Strix Z390-I board as no native NVRAM. Therefore, I had to emulate NVRAM to get it to work. To get this to work the only things you need to have is:

- In drivers64UEFI EFI folder these drivers -> AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi;
- Open Clover Configurator -> Go to install/Update Clover tab -> Select 'Check Now' button -> download latest installer;
- Open Clover installer and and select customize and be sure 'Install RC script on target volume' is checked;
- Install to EFI partition and reboot;

To check if your NVRAM is emulated correctly, open Command prompt and execute:

Bash:
nvram MyVar=TestValue

Enter password and reboot. After reboot open Terminal again and execute:

Bash:
nvram -p

If you see 'MyVar TestValue' your NVRAM is working correctly and all your personal settings like 'Find My Mac' audio/brightness levels will be remembered.

Back