Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

The problem was that the Mac never went to sleep properly. The screen turned off but the fans did not, they restarted after a second they stopped.
Corsair Link is a software to access the power supply, you have to link the cable with the motherboard to monitoring and control some stuff.

Can you test with ModMike's SSDT ?
Copy the SSDT-UIAC.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, and delete USBInjectAll.kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

Can you test with ModMike's SSDT ?
Copy the SSDT-UIAC.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, and delete USBInjectAll.kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
I already have the SSDT for my mobo. It’s an Asus Prime Z390-A. But I’m satisfied with how everything works right now. (I don’t really need the Corsair Link.) Maybe I will try with SSDT later.

I did an upgrade to Mojave 10.4.4 (swapped my GTX 970 for Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580) and wanted to tell you guys that everything is working as expected. You will likely have sleep/wake/bluetooth issues if you don't create your own SSDT-UIAC.DSL file.

Question1: I use G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16Gb memory. Did someone manage to disable LEDS while in sleep mode? I already turned off ASUS BIOS LED options while in sleep, But did not manage to disable memory RGB LEDS.

Question2: Sometimes When I wake from sleep or boot my system, my Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 fans will spin loudly. Is this normal behaviour or is this a known issue? Maybe especially for Mojave 10.4.4. Could someone confirm this?

Except these behaviours, everything as mentioned in this guide will work as expected.

I did an upgrade to Mojave 10.4.4 (swapped my GTX 970 for Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580) and wanted to tell you guys that everything is working as expected. You will likely have sleep/wake/bluetooth issues if you don't create your own SSDT-UIAC.DSL file.

Question1: I use G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16Gb memory. Did someone manage to disable LEDS while in sleep mode? I already turned off ASUS BIOS LED options while in sleep, But did not manage to disable memory RGB LEDS.

Question2: Sometimes When I wake from sleep or boot my system, my Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 fans will spin loudly. Is this normal behaviour or is this a known issue? Maybe especially for Mojave 10.4.4. Could someone confirm this?

Except these behaviours, everything as mentioned in this guide will work as expected.
I have to pass on your first question, but, yes, to question 2. That is a known issue, and there is a work around for it discussed in this thread and others. Another solution is to join the public beta testing program. Mojave public beta 14.5 makes a nice difference in fan behavior and eventually it’s expected the final build of 14.5 will as well. Cheers

You will likely have sleep/wake/bluetooth issues if you don't create your own SSDT-UIAC.DSL file.

What is your reasoning? Mine works perfectly. If your ports are properly enumerated, there is no reason for issues.

What is your reasoning? Mine works perfectly. If your ports are properly enumerated, there is no reason for issues.
@ModMike

I had bluetooth issues in MacOS High Sierra without using my custom SSDT-UIAC. A Week ago, I upgraded my OS to Mojave. You telling me the SSDT-UIAC is no longer needed in Mojave? Do you also have an answer on my first question because you are using the same memory too?.

@ModMike

I had bluetooth issues in MacOS High Sierra without using my custom SSDT-UIAC. A Week ago, I upgraded my OS to Mojave. You telling me the SSDT-UIAC is no longer needed in Mojave?

If you use the port limit patch remover in my EFI, yes. You can also do a search on port limit removal patch and use the latest version.

@ModMike
Do you also have an answer on my first question because you are using the same memory too?.

Unfortunately it is impossible to disable them on sleep. It's a well documented limitation that also drives me nuts.

@ModMike

I had bluetooth issues in MacOS High Sierra without using my custom SSDT-UIAC. A Week ago, I upgraded my OS to Mojave. You telling me the SSDT-UIAC is no longer needed in Mojave? Do you also have an answer on my first question because you are using the same memory too?.
always best to have a SSDT-UIAC for your USB ports

always best to have a SSDT-UIAC for your USB ports

Some people say there might be memory error by allowing port number to go above 15. That is not true because AppleUSBXHCI actually read hardware registers to allocate memory, for example activeDeviceSet is constructed from Max Device Slots value in HCSPARAMS1. Port limit checks can be safely removed. People might wonder why the first place to limit ports is in AppleUSBXHCI not AppleUSBXHCIPCI. Well, AppleUSBXHCIPCI constructs ports property and calls super class (AppleUSBXHCI) method to enumerate ports. If ports property is defined, only ports listed will be constructed. If no such property exists, AppleUSBXHCI goes through all capabilities defined in the controller. That means by deleting all ACPI USB port definitions, all ports will be enumerated!

Haven't had a single issue or had one reported in this thread. Booting in Windows shows the exact same port enumeration as OSX with PLRP so that confirms @ydeng for me.

Not sure if I am allowed to have this opinion, let me know if it's an issue.

Haven't had a single issue or had one reported in this thread. Booting in Windows shows the exact same port enumeration as OSX with PLRP so that confirms @ydeng for me.

Not sure if I am allowed to have this opinion, let me know if it's an issue.

I am really curious to know what @RehabMan has to say about using the port limit patch remover over using a custom SSDT-UIAC USB port injector in Mojave. Maybe he can inform us about what's best practice.

Back