Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I read some months ago that there is (was?) problems in getting 390 motherboards to work correctly because there is a problem with NVRAM and their BIOSes . Did you encounter any issue with that? What Clover drivers (UEFI64) are you currently using?

I read some months ago that there is (was?) problems in getting 390 motherboards to work correctly because there is a problem with NVRAM and their BIOSes . Did you encounter any issue with that? What Clover drivers (UEFI64) are you currently using?

There are over 40 successful builds that I know of in this thread alone. NVRAM is easily emulated and not an issue.

Why don’t you read the guide and download the EFI, all the drivers are in there.

I was about to buy a DW1820a after a previous message reporting "Everything works again, this card (DW1820A) is awesome, need brcmfixup/patchram2/repo and done."

But now I don't know what to do, DW1560 is difficult to find, how can I find an airport card (with adapter I assume) fitting the Z390-i?

Thank you

Stick to the DW1560. I haven’t heard of it being hard to find and it’s a perfect fit. Anything else and you give up the RF shield. Any bigger and no VRM heatsink.

Seems everything is really working following this guide. I just have a curiosity:
Using Hackingtool I see my platform id is 3E920000, while my 9600k should go with the 3E920003. If I change the value in clover configurator, in ig-platform-id, my system still detect a 630 iGPU, but is not detected nor used anymore by LuxMark, while if I don't put any ig-platform-id is seen and used as in the following screen. Why, shouldn't the correct platform-id be better than the other?

Hacktool.pngLuxmark.png
Cloverconfig.png

Stick to the DW1560. I haven’t heard of it being hard to find and it’s a perfect fit. Anything else and you give up the RF shield. Any bigger and no VRM heatsink.

Ok I will try to find one, I saw that there are few from china but I also red that there are fake card out there :(

Ok I will try to find one, I saw that there are few from china but I also red that there are fake card out there :(

I see they are becoming expensive. You can always try the Lenovo version at half the price and easily available. We’ve had issues with the Chinese ones not being recognized and having to send them back.

I see they are becoming expensive. You can always try the Lenovo version at half the price and easily available. We’ve had issues with the Chinese ones not being recognized and having to send them back.

On European eBay, shipped from Europe it is around 75 euro. That is quite a lot for a WiFi card. What is the Lenovo version? (04X6020 this one?)

If you are running 10.14.4 there is no need to spoof anything, it will be properly detected.

I saw that is working flawlessly, however I wonder why if I put the "correct" platform id I lose iGPU computation power

On European eBay, shipped from Europe it is around 75 euro. That is quite a lot for a WiFi card. What is the Lenovo version? (04X6020 this one?)

That's crazy expensive, most people buy directly from Dell which seems to ship to every country. Do you have that option? It looks like vendors are profiteering. There are 3 identical cards under different names but search tonymac to make sure they can work:

1) Dell DW1560
2) Fosa BCM94352Z
3) Lenovo BCM94352Z

Edit: You may read about Dells not working in Lenovo laptops or the other way around. That does not mean the card won't work for you, laptops have whitelists that restrict components to those sourced from the OEM.

Last edited:
Back