Contribute
Register

"The disk you inserted was not readable in this computer." Windows 8.1 Drive not bootable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 10.45.03 PM.png

(Sorry for the red lines, I messed up.)

So basically this error has been appearing for a while, but I didn't know what it was talking about (thinking it was a random CD or DVD I must of have forgotten) and clicked Eject. It didn't worry me until I noticed that I couldn't get into Windows 8.1 anymore. I've tried refresh, which says that my drive is locked.

The drive is connected, but the partitions don't appear anymore.

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 11.31.12 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 11.31.46 PM.png

Now, is there a solution to this? Can it be one that doesn't envolve me to buy another SSD or enterprise software? I hope you can help me.

(btw, I was about to submit the build to the User Build sections, but I think it's not yet fully functional.)

Now, is there a solution to this? Can it be one that doesn't envolve me to buy another SSD or enterprise software? I hope you can help me.

When you updated to Win8.1 it failed to initialize the license key to make the installation legit. And now, since it thinks it is a pirated install, it has locked up. Only recourse I know of is to re-install from scratch. The so-called "fixes" I tried from MS help in India didn't work. Not sure the "helpers" knew what they were doing, since they kept putting me on hold while they looked the problem up in their reference books.:crazy:

When you updated to Win8.1 it failed to initialise the license key to make the installation legit. And now, since it thinks it is a pirated install, it has locked up.

It was already registered. I had it all right. But maybe it could have possibly done that.

Only recourse I know of is to re-install from scratch.

I can't erase it, I can't possibly install a partition there, it doesn't let me. I might try to do it on friday again, but when I installed the drivers for the Intel Z87 SATA ports (in which my Vertex 450 128GB SSD is plugged to) the drive just disappeared.

It was already registered. I had it all right. But maybe it could have possibly done that.

I can't erase it, I can't possibly install a partition there, it doesn't let me. I might try to do it on friday again, but when I installed the drivers for the Intel Z87 SATA ports (in which my Vertex 450 128GB SSD is plugged to) the drive just disappeared.

I had the Win8 registered and the license key was in the system, too. The update to Win8.1 screwed everything up. I wound up using gparted to reformat the drive and write zero's to it. Might not be such a great idea to write zeros to a SSD if you don't have to.

Try using your Win8 install media to repair it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back