Contribute
Register

The current price/performance king CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shopping list completed, I checked on Amazon also, the price difference including delivery and taxes was $1. I'm planning on upgrading my G5 Sapphire, I already have the PSU, NVMe drives and Sapphire Pulse RX580.

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 5.56.53 PM.png

Here's the Gigabyte QVL for the Corsair Ram. They have tested it as being Ryzen 3000 series compatible with their B550M motherboard. Ryzen has been known to be finicky about which ram will work.

The first one highlighted is the 16GB kit. The next is the 32GB. This Ram is the #1 best seller on Amazon.
At the price of $58 I can understand why. I can remember a 16GB kit like this costing $129 or more a few years ago.

Screen Shot 11.jpg

Last edited:
I'm planning on upgrading my G5 Sapphire, I already have the PSU, NVMe drives and Sapphire Pulse RX580.
What will you be doing with the older Intel system you had in the G5 ?

What will you be doing with the older Intel system you had in the G5 ?
The H370M motherboard, i5-8500 and RAM will be sold, I should get back over half of what I just spent.

The H370M motherboard, i5-8500 and RAM
Should be a nice performance boost. Like going from an 8th gen i5 to a 9th gen i9 CPU. Can't wait to see the benchmark comparisons once it's up and running.

Look at the current price of the i5-8500. Still over priced for what your getting. It's locked and you only get six cores and 6 threads, not the 12 threads like the Ryzen 5 3600.

Screen Shot 12.jpg

Last edited:
Should be a nice performance boost. Like going from an 8th gen i5 to a 9th gen i9 CPU. Can't wait to see the benchmark comparisons once it's up and running.

Look at the current price of the i5-8500. Still over priced for what your getting. It's locked and you only get six cores and 6 threads, not the 12 threads like the Ryzen 5 3600.

View attachment 487746

and a fat 35MB of lvl 3 cache, much more than the i5-8500 9MB.

Thanks for this trs96!. One machine I have been interested in recently is the HP EliteDesk mini, some of which have Ryzen processors and are considerably cheaper than the Intel equivalent.

View attachment 487495
Graphics won’t get more than 7mb support. You can browse but it just won’t work with acceleration. We’ve been trying for a couple of years.

Graphics won’t get more than 7mb support. You can browse but it just won’t work with acceleration. We’ve been trying for a couple of years.
Good to know!, i believe there’s an RX560 option available to the elite desk mini, but I haven’t researched it much, I don’t have a price either. But I just spent far less upgrading my G5 to a Ryzentosh than what I could buy am elitedesk mini for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back