Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Dear all,

I would like to ask a very simple question, if you had an unlimited budget, and you were to build a single core customac running OSX Mountain Lion. What would you put inside? I would like to get suggestions mostly around building a video editing machine please, which would probably be mostly based around the OpenCL rendering mostly if I am correct?

What are the best components on the market right now? OR would it be to best go with the buyers guide?

Kind Regards,
Pash.

Mac Pro:

• Two 3.06GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (12 cores)
  • 64GB (8x8GB)
  • 512GB solid-state drive
  • 2TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s hard drive
  • ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB
  • Two 18x SuperDrives
  • Apple Magic Mouse
  • Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) & User's Guide

$9,799.00

Dear all,

I would like to ask a very simple question, if you had an unlimited budget, and you were to build a single core customac running OSX Mountain Lion. What would you put inside? I would like to get suggestions mostly around building a video editing machine please, which would probably be mostly based around the OpenCL rendering mostly if I am correct?

What are the best components on the market right now? OR would it be to best go with the buyers guide?

Kind Regards,
Pash.

By single core, do you mean the CPU that is not a dual core? I'm assuming you mean a single cpu. The best is either the I7
3770K or the 3770 paired with the GA-Z77-UP5-TH. Some people use Xeon chips and X79 motherboards for video editing
but for most the previous mentioned combo with fast Ram (16-32GB) and an SSD boot drive like the Samsung Pro 840
work great. Also search the forums for which gfx card will work best for OpenCL. For a first build it's always best to
stay with components listed in the buyer's guide. (Most importantly for CPU, motherboard and gfx card)

Thanks for your replies,

Yes i did mean a single CPU, not a single core =)

i was choosing between the radeon 6870, or the nvidia GTX 680?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your replies,

Thanks for your replies,

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your replies,

The 680 is the newer of the two cards. You can enable openCL but it is a rather lengthy process. See this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...orce-gtx-680-4gb-kepler-hackintosh-guide.html

The drivers for the 680 are already in 10.8.3, no need to download them from Nvidia's site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back