Contribute
Register

the asus pcie thunderbolt card is real...

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i wont be doing it this way, but still it's nice to see they delivered on that. im going for the UP5 mobo, i'll be running windows 7/8 until apple decides to get their heads out of their butt and open up OS X.

axedye said:
yea i wont be doing it this way, but still it's nice to see they delivered on that. im going for the UP5 mobo, i'll be running windows 7/8 until apple decides to get their heads out of their butt and open up OS X.

Psst. That's the whole point of this site. To get OSX on virtually any Intel machine.

Yes that's true, this also happens to be my favorite site related to technology so I still stick around. I'm more mad at apple for not releasing their OS on a DVD since Lion. The DVD method is great. The Apple flash drive with OS X is a bit pricey as well. I may give it a try if I find a good Lion/Mountain Lion guide for the UP5. I don't think ill finish this new IB build until September so I have time to decide.

$200 is steep, either way its nice to hear there's a dual port version. So after thinking about it, I think I will be getting a Lion USB stick for my next build. From there I will just get ML from the app store when its released.

axedye said:
$200 is steep, either way its nice to hear there's a dual port version. So after thinking about it, I think I will be getting a Lion USB stick for my next build. From there I will just get ML from the app store when its released.

Hmm, fairly sure JJ (engineer who shows off all the Asus products) said it would be available for around $40 in interview w/ anandtech. At $200 price point really only makes sense to get the one w/ the controller on board.

That's a better price for sure. I'm pretty sure I'm going to build an x79 Hackintosh now so I may not get thunderbolt for another few years.

And for a Gigabyte Z68? It will work or exist some card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back