Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure your PSU delivers enough power? If so it sounds like a faulty card to me.

I have a Corsair AX650 Gold. I think 650W should be enough, no?

UPDATE: I q-flashed my Bios to F11. Followed the procedures on the UP5 thread again, set GraphicsEnabler=No, Installed the new NVIDIA drivers for ML 10.8.2 released recently (today I think?) even modified the org.chameleon.boot.plist as per this guide:(http://hacksbyalfa.com/post/28886391069/how-to-enable-hd4000-on-a-z77-board-gigabyte).

And still I get this:
Screen Shot 2012-10-04 at 8.28.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-10-04 at 8.30.00 PM.png

I think it's a faulty card too unless there's something else I'm missing. I feel like I've read every guide though.

Recommendations? Return to amazon for this same model?
Shell out an extra $100 for the 670 instead?

-Jorge

I have a Corsair AX650 Gold. I think 650W should be enough, no?

UPDATE: I q-flashed my Bios to F11. Followed the procedures on the UP5 thread again, set GraphicsEnabler=No, Installed the new NVIDIA drivers for ML 10.8.2 released recently (today I think?) even modified the org.chameleon.boot.plist as per this guide:(http://hacksbyalfa.com/post/28886391069/how-to-enable-hd4000-on-a-z77-board-gigabyte).

And still I get this:
View attachment 33653
View attachment 33654

I think it's a faulty card too unless there's something else I'm missing. I feel like I've read every guide though.

Recommendations? Return to amazon for this same model?
Shell out an extra $100 for the 670 instead?

-Jorge

Ok there are a few more options I want you to try then you can report back.

1. Downgrade your Bios. I know it may seem silly but for certain boards Bios updates have been know to mess up boards

2. Do you have the 10.8.2 as well as the Nvidia drivers for it?

3. Do you have another system you can try the card in? Do that and see if you get the same results

You can get a 670 if you want, but since in 10.8.2 all the cards are supported, I don't see any real point other than just going for it because you want to (me)

Happy to report (if I'm not tempting fate) that since the update to 10.8.2, plus the new NVIDIA GPU and CUDA drivers, my 660Ti seems to be working perfectly all round. Pixlmator and FCPX have (so far at least) lost the pauses and the occasional full OS hang in FCPX.

Note: Installing 10.8.2 plus Pixlmator 2.1 seemed to eliminate the pauses in Pixlmator (so not sure whether it's 10.8.2 or better code in Pixlmator), plus most (possibly all) of the pauses in FCPX. I was still able to get a full OS hang in FCPX by using the Neat Video noise reduction plug in.

Installing the new NVIDIA GPU and CUDA driver has eliminated all problems (so far :crazy:) - rendered a noisy dive movie with FCPX, Neat and a bunch of overlays and medium complexity effects without a hiccup.

Starting to looking like a flawless victory.... :beachball:

Happy to report (if I'm not tempting fate) that since the update to 10.8.2, plus the new NVIDIA GPU and CUDA drivers, my 660Ti seems to be working perfectly all round. Pixlmator and FCPX have (so far at least) lost the pauses and the occasional full OS hang in FCPX.

Note: Installing 10.8.2 plus Pixlmator 2.1 seemed to eliminate the pauses in Pixlmator (so not sure whether it's 10.8.2 or better code in Pixlmator), plus most (possibly all) of the pauses in FCPX. I was still able to get a full OS hang in FCPX by using the Neat Video noise reduction plug in.

Installing the new NVIDIA GPU and CUDA driver has eliminated all problems (so far :crazy:) - rendered a noisy dive movie with FCPX, Neat and a bunch of overlays and medium complexity effects without a hiccup.

Starting to looking like a flawless victory.... :beachball:

Did you use the 10.8.2 combo update, or prepared a new unibeast stick with 10.8.2 downloaded form App store? I'm about to re-sell mine with 10% off of it's price :( any chance someone help me before I do that? The Same card works with @thelostswede, this make me think about the motherboard and DSDT, is using a Z77 mobo with DSDT-free installation could solve this problem? BTW my problem is the famous wake from sleep issue (system power up, but the monitor still black).

I should sell it tomorrow, and get HD 6870 instead (Yes! I know it's too old, not comparable with 660Ti, but no Nvidia again, anyway it's upgrade from my HD 5770), unless someone give me any advice to know what is happening. If a mobo + Ivy Bridge could help, I can wait and upgrade within 2 or 3 months, but who can tell if this is the case?

OK, for anyone who cares, I did a fresh install of 10.8 updated to 10.8.2 installed the latest supplemental update for 10.8.2 and installed the latest Nvidia drivers for 10.8.2, then started investigations. Did multiple sleeps, wakes, restarts and console checks, the result is .. there is no more NVDA errors in the console, actually there no errors in general BUT I'm still getting random fails to wake monitors from sleep, the system do but the monitors don't, so a manual restart is the only solution, looks like it hangs in some point. Every time I restart after a wake fail, I save a copy from the console before the restart starting from system boot until the point where it hang/fail to wake. Some times the console doesn't record sleep or wake events, although the system did sleep and fail to wake!

I now have increased thoughts that it's not a 660 Ti problem, but the 660 Ti was a reason to raise the problem on the surface!

Now I have 11 console copies, but actually I cant understand everything in it, and can't decide what may cause this problem. It will be greatly appreciated if someone skilled with this thing can take a look at them and tell me (us) what's happening. My thought it's DSDT-related issue, maybe a DSDT edit solves it (I use the one for my mobo and bios version from the database), maybe an upgrade to a DSDT-free system (getting Z77 mobo and ivy bridge CPU) solves it, but need someone skilled to take a look, is this possible :)

Ok there are a few more options I want you to try then you can report back.

1. Downgrade your Bios. I know it may seem silly but for certain boards Bios updates have been know to mess up boards

2. Do you have the 10.8.2 as well as the Nvidia drivers for it?

3. Do you have another system you can try the card in? Do that and see if you get the same results

You can get a 670 if you want, but since in 10.8.2 all the cards are supported, I don't see any real point other than just going for it because you want to (me)

Thanks for your help! I returned the card that was faulty and immediately after I got the new one it worked! Did a Cinebench test and got about 49+ fps. Is there a way to make sure that OpenCL and everything is working properly? I downloaded LuxMark v2.0 and it says no OpenCL device is available. I have GraphicsEnabler=No and the NVIDA 670/680...patch enabled in MultiBeast. I'm gonna try to Reset and run LuxMark again.

New Geekbench score! http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1131130

People, please stop using Cinebench GPU test! It doesn't use you gfx card at all. Doesn't support recent cards. Nothing. Nada. Runs on CPU.

My i7 [email protected] + HD6870 system gets 48fps as well. Have activity monitor on while running the test and you'll see it maxes out 1 CPU core to 100%.

Thanks for your help! I returned the card that was faulty and immediately after I got the new one it worked! Did a Cinebench test and got about 49+ fps. Is there a way to make sure that OpenCL and everything is working properly? I downloaded LuxMark v2.0 and it says no OpenCL device is available. I have GraphicsEnabler=No and the NVIDA 670/680...patch enabled in MultiBeast. I'm gonna try to Reset and run LuxMark again.

New Geekbench score! http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1131130

Don't use Cinebench. Also you should if you have ML 10.8.2 you shouldn't need the 670/680 kext from Multibeast

So I should disable the Open CL Kext and try again with LuxMark?
How do you disable those kexts?
I REALLY want to take advantage of my graphics card when using Premiere, PS, other Adobe programs.

So I should disable the Open CL Kext and try again with LuxMark?
How do you disable those kexts?
I REALLY want to take advantage of my graphics card when using Premiere, PS, other Adobe programs.

Update to 10.8.2 then you should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back