Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Affirmative. I have tested my EVGA 660ti with two DVI and an HDMI connection to 3 monitors. Works as expected.

So right now, my FCPX plugins AND 3 Displays work with the 660ti and the new drivers.

Thanks,
-Alex-

So no more OpenGL Channel Exception errors in the logs?

So no more OpenGL Channel Exception errors in the logs?

I am not seeing those in the logs right now. Will monitor.

Thanks,
-Alex-=

670, the MSI Power Edition to be exact.

Hmmmm... today experienced and wakeup problem, when I wake from sleep, the system wakes but the screen doesn't turn on! After a manual reboot found this in the console ...

Screen%20Shot%202012-10-03%20at%2012.37.49%20AM.png

I'm sure that sleep/wake was working fine when I pluged the 660 Ti at first, Iwas on 10.8.1, 2 days ago I upgraded to 10.8.2, and today when I got this problem I installed the new nvidia drivers and reapplyied OpenCL patch from MB 5.0.2, but not progress :(

Any ideas?

Hmmmm... today experienced and wakeup problem, when I wake from sleep, the system wakes but the screen doesn't turn on! After a manual reboot found this in the console ...

Screen%20Shot%202012-10-03%20at%2012.37.49%20AM.png

I'm sure that sleep/wake was working fine when I pluged the 660 Ti at first, Iwas on 10.8.1, 2 days ago I upgraded to 10.8.2, and today when I got this problem I installed the new nvidia drivers and reapplyied OpenCL patch from MB 5.0.2, but not progress :(

Any ideas?

That happens with my 560 Ti, and honestly it seems like it's more random than anything. I hardly use my Hack (About once a week) because I'm so busy and it's kind of inconvenient to get to, so I haven't been able to look at it closely, but for me it was just random

That happens with my 560 Ti, and honestly it seems like it's more random than anything. I hardly use my Hack (About once a week) because I'm so busy and it's kind of inconvenient to get to, so I haven't been able to look at it closely, but for me it was just random

Weird! Tried somethings, rebuild caches and repaired permissions, used different Sys definitions, even I thought maybe an opened application caused this, and narrowed it down to "Transmission", at the end I fount that it's RANDOM!!!

Why I thought "Transmission" is the cause? I set it to open at login few days ago, when I tried to close it and send the machine to sleep, it wake normally! But after some tries, I found that it wake successfully the first time, if I send it back to sleep again, this recreates the problem!

That what I was concerned about, my old HD 5770 didn't give me a single problem, was perfect :(

Now, fresh install or what?

Weird! Tried somethings, rebuild caches and repaired permissions, used different Sys definitions, even I thought maybe an opened application caused this, and narrowed it down to "Transmission", at the end I fount that it's RANDOM!!!

Why I thought "Transmission" is the cause? I set it to open at login few days ago, when I tried to close it and send the machine to sleep, it wake normally! But after some tries, I found that it wake successfully the first time, if I send it back to sleep again, this recreates the problem!

That what I was concerned about, my old HD 5770 didn't give me a single problem, was perfect :(

Now, fresh install or what?

If you've got it up and running well with lots of software installed, no. If you don't care about reinstalling, then be my guest.

Zotac 660 Ti 2GB Amp works fine in 10.8.2. Just tested my mate's card. Had to boot with graphics enabler=no flag, but every bench and test i could think of ran fine. Reference card works too btw.

Any ideas?

Exactly the problem I see. Often I can sleep and wake right away without problems, but walk away and have lunch and it's touch and go whether it will wake from sleep properly when I come back. I can still ssh back in, but even issuing shutdown from the cli doesn't work properly (ends ssh session, but doesn't restart etc).

I'd also pinned this issue to the graphics card, but today I've come across an old post about ML not waking from sleep properly because the hard drives have been unmounted! I'm thinking this may be the real issue.

It's to do with AHCI mode and AHCI SATA Hot plug feature that some motherboards have (mine does). If you've ever had to apply the 'orange icon fix' to stop disk drive icons from being orange, then you'll have dealt with this issue cosmetically.

Google for "Wake from Sleep - Freeze - Due to ejected HDD's" to read the issue thread (different forum). There are some workarounds, one of which I'm about to try :) But since I don't think it's 660 ti related I'm not going to talk about it further in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back