Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: I don't use fcpx, so I just want to know if this card works in generall :)

Its a little "glitchy" here and there, according to this thread

I'm getting the 670 (originally the 660ti, but I us FCPX) ....three more days 'til I begin!!!!!!! :)

Its a little "glitchy" here and there, according to this thread

I'm getting the 670 (originally the 660ti, but I us FCPX) ....three more days 'til I begin!!!!!!! :)

Yea the 660 Ti is just being weird. Which 670 are you getting?

Oh yes, according to my luck, right after I get the build up and running, the drivers for the 660ti will come out....and then it will work perfectly. Hmmm....thats the downside to building a computer. You might think you have the fastest and newest processer (ivy bridge), but they are already showing off Haswell!!!! There will ALWAYS be something better...(is there an emoticon for pulling my hair out?) oh well.....3 more days! :)

Oh yea!! I LOVE that card. I wish I could get the 680 Lightning but that's out of my range and the 670 offers most of the performance. As soon as I can get my situation straight (School from 8-4 isn't easy, especially when it changes to 8-6 next year) then I will start a new build. I was thinking about calling it Black Magic 2.0, but I think I'll go with something more original.

the 670 is too expensive for me, that's why I'll have to chose the 660 ti ...

Hi guys, been reading through this thread, sorry it has taken a while for me to jump in. I've gone through and read through all of the posts, and thought I'd test to see if my build/660 Ti was having any of the issues you are describing.

First, I've never seen any of the errors described in FCPX. I've done a couple of smaller projects in it at this point, and have done renders, effects, exports to Compressor, and conversions through Compressor stand alone. To go a little further, I installed the demo of the NeatVideo Noise Reduction plugin that was mentioned to absolutely cause crashes when you try to turn on the GPU. For me, it saw the GPU, I ran it through benchmarks and analytics. Got this as my result:

Screen Shot 2012-09-27 at 1.37.51 AM.jpg

Also, the effect rendered correctly, and I could export a clip using Compressor with the effect applied.

Secondly, I downloaded Pixelmator and attempted to cause issues as discussed earlier in this thread. I could go to full screen with no pauses, apply effects, and generally never saw any errors. Also, I checked my system.log after doing both this and FCPX tasks, and there were no nvda channel exception errors anywhere in the log.

I'm including my Luxmark scores for both GPU and CPU+GPU

Screen Shot 2012-09-27 at 1.46.05 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2012-09-27 at 1.43.37 AM.jpg

I don't know if any of this information is useful, but I'm more than happy to test stuff out or try to answer any questions I can. I don't guarantee I have answers, but I'll see what I can do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back