Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specific Nvidia device_ids are not listed in NVDAGF100Hal.kext and NVDAGK100Hal. Instead, a range of values is described with an entry like this: 0x104010de&0xffc0ffff. It means every device_id instance from 0x1040 to 0xffc0 is valid. That is why the GTX 580 with a device_id of 1080 is recognized by the kext and not "listed".
Ahh, did not know that. Mine had 0x000010de, I changed to 0x118310de in both NVDAGK100Hal and NVDAResman., as well as Geforce.kext Did not fix problem, but what it did do was put complete information about my card in the system info, under PCI cards. It was already listed correctly in the Graphics Card category.

g4sho do you have darkwake 0 in chameleon/chimera boot.plist ? and anyone else having sleep/wake issues. that turns off power nap afaik, which doesn't work on hacks.
Yes I do have darkwake=0 in my boot.plist. From reading up on this(dark wake) it is supposedly set to zero to keep the Hack from going into the alternative hibernate modes that real macs can do., There is mode 0,1, and 2 I believe. I did the pmset command and my hibernate mode is indeed set at 0,. Which is what I believe we want.

Question:

I've installed a 660 Ti, and apart from Final Cut Pro, it functions well. But there is an odd annoyance: it takes forever to boot up.
As I'm running from SSDs, if I remove the GPU the system boots in 20-30 seconds.
Insert the GPU, the initial Apple + white screen with rotating clock can stretch to 1-2 minutes.
The second blank white screen takes another 2-3 minutes.

Is this normal? I've tried safe mode with no effect. Oddly, Verbose shows the long pause at the Apple and clock is after entries relating to AppleMultitouch device (I have a magic mouse) but removing bluetooth or removing the mouse battery has no effect. GraphicsEnabler is No, Multibeast Geforce 6 series drivers and latest NVIDIA CUDA drivers are all in (though apart from GraphicsEnabler, they have little effect).

Take the GPU out, and it's all back to swift and normal.

Any ideas?

Question:

I've installed a 660 Ti, and apart from Final Cut Pro, it functions well. But there is an odd annoyance: it takes forever to boot up.
As I'm running from SSDs, if I remove the GPU the system boots in 20-30 seconds.
Insert the GPU, the initial Apple + white screen with rotating clock can stretch to 1-2 minutes.
The second blank white screen takes another 2-3 minutes.

Is this normal? I've tried safe mode with no effect. Oddly, Verbose shows the long pause at the Apple and clock is after entries relating to AppleMultitouch device (I have a magic mouse) but removing bluetooth or removing the mouse battery has no effect. GraphicsEnabler is No, Multibeast Geforce 6 series drivers and latest NVIDIA CUDA drivers are all in (though apart from GraphicsEnabler, they have little effect).

Take the GPU out, and it's all back to swift and normal.

Any ideas?

I have a similar setup. Do you have your internal graphics card enabled in Bios? (Some here claimed that enabling both GPUs could help the FCPX issues; it didn't for me.)
When I enabled both GPUs simultaneously, boot up took FOREVER. When I disabled one or the other, it went super quick.

I have a similar setup. Do you have your internal graphics card enabled in Bios? (Some here claimed that enabling both GPUs could help the FCPX issues; it didn't for me.)
When I enabled both GPUs simultaneously, boot up took FOREVER. When I disabled one or the other, it went super quick.

make sure to select GE=NO and add device properties for HD4000 in boot list and use iMac12.2 ,, if u have dual monitor make sure to connect one to HD4000 and other to 660Ti
Note: dont use VGA port or u will stuck at apple logo on boot

Ahh, did not know that. Mine had 0x000010de, I changed to 0x118310de in both NVDAGK100Hal and NVDAResman., as well as Geforce.kext Did not fix problem, but what it did do was put complete information about my card in the system info, under PCI cards. It was already listed correctly in the Graphics Card category.

Ooh, that's interesting. I'd wondered how to get the PCI info back. Might add the specific device ID too then. Doesn't seem to do any harm and fixes the cosmetic issue of the PCI cards in system info.

For those needing help with Final Cut Pro 10, this guy got it to work on the 660ti >> http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...d5h-i7-3770k-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-660-ti.html << He did something in multibeast...the order of the install. See if that helps! :)
I followed his order of operations exactly, and with the exact same motherboard, and wasn't able to completely replicate his results. I'm still occasionally encountering freezes when Final Cut renders. I'm not (yet, knock on wood) seeing complete system lockups that never resolve, but I'm still encountering relatively frequent errors that freeze my gui completely for several seconds. :(

I followed his order of operations exactly, and with the exact same motherboard, and wasn't able to completely replicate his results. I'm still occasionally encountering freezes when Final Cut renders. I'm not (yet, knock on wood) seeing complete system lockups that never resolve, but I'm still encountering relatively frequent errors that freeze my gui completely for several seconds. :(

+1. Reinstalled following the link to a fresh SSD and FCPX + GTX 660 is still causing momentary freezes. System will return to normal after 20-30 seconds.

For the time being, I swapped out the GTX 660 for a GT 640 until the GTX 660 is sorted out. GT 640 is less powerful, but haven't cause one issue with FCPX and everything is working fine eg. sleep/wake.

Hope new drivers or something comes out soon. Sucks to have a nice card sitting there doing nothing.

Have you updated your bios to f14?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back