Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone an opinion of which the best overall card is? Right now I don't know if I should buy the ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB DirectCUII, the MSI GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB OC, the KFA2 GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB OC or something else?
I'd love the card to be quiet, but that does not really matter if it's much worse than the others.

Has anyone an opinion of which the best overall card is? Right now I don't know if I should buy the ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB DirectCUII, the MSI GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB OC, the KFA2 GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB OC or something else?
I'd love the card to be quiet, but that does not really matter if it's much worse than the others.

Other people have said that the Asus seems to be the quietest card at the moment.

Other people have said that the Asus seems to be the quietest card at the moment.

Actually through tests the Galaxy version is the quietest (Noted on the first page) because it keeps the card 7 - 10 C cooler than all the other cards and only spins at ~40% fan speed. And yes, that's quiet

I'm considering a 660Ti for my current Hack, but have 1 big concern. The 660Ti I'm considering has 3GB RAM and I'm concerned about Mountain Lion recognizing all 3GB without issue.

The card I want is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162119

Will all 3GB be recognized?

Thanks to everyone in this thread with all the great info.

Yes it will but you will have to do a little extra modding to get it to work.

Here are the 2 links

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ga-z77x-up5-th-thunderbolt-26.html#post423550

http://netkas.org/?p=1161

The second link is an add-on for getting 3GB or more so look at them both and if you're fine with doing that then go ahead

Actually through tests the Galaxy version is the quietest (Noted on the first page) because it keeps the card 7 - 10 C cooler than all the other cards and only spins at ~40% fan speed. And yes, that's quiet

But is the performance of the Galaxy as good as any other? Is there even a big difference?

I have the 2GB Galaxy card and it's as good as all the other cards. The advantage/downside is that it uses a larger custom PCB and has a 6+8-pin power configuration. What I really like though is the fact that the fan shroud lifts up, as it's hinged at the front on the 2GB cards and as such it's really easy to get the dust out of the heatsink.

I have the 2GB Galaxy card and it's as good as all the other cards. The advantage/downside is that it uses a larger custom PCB and has a 6+8-pin power configuration. What I really like though is the fact that the fan shroud lifts up, as it's hinged at the front on the 2GB cards and as such it's really easy to get the dust out of the heatsink.

Well then, I guess that's that.

So you would say it's one of the best ones to get? Would the installation be more difficult?
And how much power will it demand, will the
Corsair HX 650W 80+ Gold be too much if I'm planning to use an Intel Core i7 3770K 3,5Ghz processor and a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard?

Tack på förhand! ;)

OK, so if I want dual 1080p monitors (DVI+DVI) , OOB support, and FCPX support on a clean install of Mountain Lion, then this is the card for me? Should I still use the Mac Mini SMBIOS, I would really like the Mac Pro, if possible. And, as stated in the ML installation guide, if If I have the Ga-Z77-DS3H Motherboard, do I have to set a boot option to PCIRootUID=0?

Thanks!!

OK, so if I want dual 1080p monitors (DVI+DVI) , OOB support, and FCPX support on a clean install of Mountain Lion, then this is the card for me? Should I still use the Mac Mini SMBIOS, I would really like the Mac Pro, if possible. And, as stated in the ML installation guide, if If I have the Ga-Z77-DS3H Motherboard, do I have to set a boot option to PCIRootUID=0?

Thanks!!

Ehhh maybe not, but I would wait for someone else's input just so you're not dependent on my thoughts

Yes you could do dual 1080 monitors, but you'll have to do a little modding and currently not sure how FCPX is working on the 660Ti because thelostswede doesn't have FCPX, but he has a 660Ti so he should be able to give you some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back