Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to install this card in my 3,1 Early 2008 MacPro but feel lost in all of the information (54 pages is overwhelming). Currently running 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, I wonder if I HAVE to upgrade to Mountain Lion.

I've been looking for drivers on the Nvida website but I have no clue what to look for.

I'm pretty tech savy however I am not up to speed on the drivers I need.

Thank you.
Seems like Nvidia messed up their driver browsing page. I can 't get to the Mac drivers anymore either. Google finds this, not sure it's the latest:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS for Driver Release 304.00.05f02

Model identifier should be MacPro3,1 (2008), MacPro4,1 (2009), MacPro5,1 (2010) or later
Mac OS X v10.8.2

The NVidia Drivers page works fine, was just there, what are you selecting to find the drivers?

I'm on the USA .com site > support > download drivers > menu's:

Geforce
Geforce 600 series
geforce GTX 600 Ti

Then under operating system there's no OSX option.

Now I realize that's probably because the 660ti is not officially supported on Mac. What options do you have to select to get to it?

I'm on the USA .com site > support > download drivers > menu's:

Geforce
Geforce 600 series
geforce GTX 600 Ti

Then under operating system there's no OSX option.

Now I realize that's probably because the 660ti is not officially supported on Mac. What options do you have to select to get to it?

Ok, what NVIdia cards come with Mac Pro's?? Quadros!! Choose all nvidia drivers, Quadros, Quadros for Mac and you will see it.

Hi all,

I have the 660ti, and recently I cant get WebGL maps (maps.google.com) to work. When I enable it, I get a blue, green or black screen. I see a corresponding error in the console:

kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error

I have tried the Fermi patches in Multibeast, 5,1, 3,1 and several other things but have yet to find the setting that fixes it. Most other things appear to work well, just trying to tease full compatibility out of my hackintosh.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Fermi = GTX 5xx, Kepler = GTX 6xx

There's no sense in installing fermi patches for a 660ti...

Got it. I never had the patches previously, but I thought I'd try them (not realizing the architecture difference) to see if they fixed the issue.

Any ideas why WebGL is unhappy? Thanks!

However, this looks like it's for an outdated version of ML / MB. In order to get my 660ti working to it's fullest potential, do I need to do anything other than GraphicsEnabler=No? Should I install the NVIDIA CUDA Drivers from here
I recenetly installed CUDA for this card and it was as simple as downloading the drivers from Nvidia and installing.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda-mac-driver.html

No need to change anything on GraphicsEnabler (this should be set to NO anyway as it's natively supported in ML 10.8.2).

I did have to run a bespoke build of Blender (http://graphicall.org/856) in order to get CUDA rendering to work.

If you plan to use CUDA with Adobe CS apps there's also some tweaks you'll need to do. I don't think I've been through this process yet but Googling CUDA Adobe CS Hackintosh should give you more than enough tutorial results!

Greetings all! I am in need of some instructions on how you all have installed your 660 Ti, EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC in specific. I am no dummy when it comes to installation and troubleshooting, yet can not get my card working stable. I am seriously thinking of doing an RMA on the card. I don't want to, so before I do I will give it one last try.

What I am looking for is:
1) Which AGPM GPU device plist do I use, and what edits (if any, besides adding my device ID) are needed?
2) Does Finder QuickLook work with your mp4 videos, and do HD videos in YouTube work alight?
3) I would also like to know if your games are working ok and not crashing/freezing; I am not looking for fps, just stability. I play only Diablo III, StarCraft 2, and WoW in OS X so your experience with any or all of them is appreciated.

So far Finder and Safari freezes are rare; they usually happen when I have a GPU crash aka
NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error IOVendorGLContext::ReportGPURestart.​

Last year at this exact time, shortly after I upgraded to a 6870HD, I had, if I recall correctly, almost the same exact problems. I RMAd the card and all was working perfect after the replacement. This is why I don't want to RMA yet another card, and desperately need help.
:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back