Contribute
Register

Thanks, Tonymac! P5QPL-AM works 95% OOTB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtx

Motherboard
ga-z68ma-d2h-b3
CPU
Graphics
nvidia 260
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just wanted to say thanks to Tonymac and all his contributors. iBoot was by the far the easiest method I've seen. Everything worked OOTB with my Asus P5QPL-AM except for networking (which I got working with Attansic.kext).

The only tricky parts were using Multibeast: it looks like the disabled checkboxes are not useable. It wasn't until I watched the youtube videos that you can expand the Easybeast & Advanced Options and tick off the hidden checkboxes. While Multibeast/Chameleon got my PC to boot into OSX without iBoot CD it killed my sound and webcam. Got my sound back by randomly picking VoodooHDA ;)

So the only things I need to work on are sleep (sleepenabler works but my PC wakes right away) support and getting my MS Lifecam to work again but all in all my system is pretty much perfect! My $500 PC works better than my two low-end Macbooks. I'd even say it's pretty close in speed to my Mac Pro at work. Thanks again!

I got sleep working by looking at the system.log from the console.app. It was just a usb device that didn't need to be plugged in that was waking my Mac up. The system.log even told me which usb port it was on.

Now I just have to get my webcam (lifecam nx-3000) working. Photobooth recognizes it but it receives no picture.

One last problem I've had happen to me twice: I've Restarted from the Apple menu and it shuts down completely and also wiped my bios. I can't turn the PC back on unless I unplug the power supply. Luckily this motherboard has bios crash recovery so it resets itself to default settings. Also, because of this, the fan settings need to be reconfigured by booting WIndows and running ASUS PC Probe otherwise they will always be on. Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

mtx said:
Just wanted to say thanks to Tonymac and all his contributors. iBoot was by the far the easiest method I've seen. Everything worked OOTB with my Asus P5QPL-AM except for networking (which I got working with Attansic.kext).

The only tricky parts were using Multibeast: it looks like the disabled checkboxes are not useable. It wasn't until I watched the youtube videos that you can expand the Easybeast & Advanced Options and tick off the hidden checkboxes. While Multibeast/Chameleon got my PC to boot into OSX without iBoot CD it killed my sound and webcam. Got my sound back by randomly picking VoodooHDA ;)

So the only things I need to work on are sleep (sleepenabler works but my PC wakes right away) support and getting my MS Lifecam to work again but all in all my system is pretty much perfect! My $500 PC works better than my two low-end Macbooks. I'd even say it's pretty close in speed to my Mac Pro at work. Thanks again!

hello there , i have asus p5qpl-am . i cant install SL . still waiting for root device . :( what can i do now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back