Graphics
Radeon RX 580 8 GB graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is the worse or what?

I just logged back into my Yosemite partition and everything so much easier on the eyes! I think Sierra only looks nice on retina displays, and on my ultrawide 29" looks like total crap. So much eye strain.

I'm this close to moving back to Yosemite... :/

Is the worse or what?

I just logged back into my Yosemite partition and everything so much easier on the eyes! I think Sierra only looks nice on retina displays, and on my ultrawide 29" looks like total crap. So much eye strain.

I'm this close to moving back to Yosemite... :/

I've gotten I new MacBook Pro (2017), and used an HDMI to connect the external 29UM65-P LG display. The text looks fine and the system reports a different size for it than the hackintosh. I need a way to resolve this, because the eye strain on Sierra Hackintosh is unbearable.

This is the display that's being reported when connecting the MacBook Pro:
Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 4.44.34 PM.png

and this the same display that the hackintosh reports:
Screenshot 2017-09-03 00.48.58.png

Please help.

I've gotten I new MacBook Pro (2017), and used an HDMI to connect the external 29UM65-P LG display. The text looks fine and the system reports a different size for it than the hackintosh. I need a way to resolve this, because the eye strain on Sierra Hackintosh is unbearable.

This is the display that's being reported when connecting the MacBook Pro:
View attachment 276419

and this the same display that the hackintosh reports:
View attachment 276420

Please help.

For starters you don't have your GPU enabled properly.

I've been switching the screen back and forth for some time now, and it feels like the Hackintosh text is a tiny bit more blurry. Could this be a GPU thing? When I boot into Yosemite it's crisp as the MacBook. Should I try the nvidia drivers, or that won't make a difference?

I've been switching the screen back and forth for some time now, and it feels like the Hackintosh text is a tiny bit more blurry. Could this be a GPU thing? When I boot into Yosemite it's crisp as the MacBook. Should I try the nvidia drivers, or that won't make a difference?

Do you have full QE/CI? The card is showing up as Nvidia Chip Model which usually means it is not fully loaded.

Do you have full QE/CI? The card is showing up as Nvidia Chip Model which usually means it is not fully loaded.

I'm not sure, but this is the system profile here:
Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 5.46.25 PM.png

Does that help?

I solved that "blurry/ugly" display by forcing the EDID with https://gist.github.com/adaugherity/7435890
Display would previously be in YPbrCr, now it is properly detected, and in RGB, texts are fine.
You may want to try

game up on hackintosh because of the font problem, gonna make other try with this fix :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back