Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC kit - Core i3 Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed stapsells guide, even the boot0 error and it worked perfectly but for one thing. i cant boot into the os even with boot flags. i have tried booting with these flags, sometimes with all just in case and i keep getting the same kernel panic.:
- v
-x
-S
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=1
any ideas what i should try next

After doing a full reinstall, i finally got it working. Even fixed the annoying boot0 error.

Problems after booting into OS:
- Screen res was stuck at 1024*768
- graphic artifacts such as choppines with flash videos and general artifacts when moving thorugh home screens and to the dashboard.

Fixed the resolution, now at 2560*1440 using the display port but the graphic artifacts remain.

Running terminal kexstat, i cant find instances of AppleIntelgraphics, but typing 'applintel' i find the appleintelframebuffercapri and appleintelcpupowermanagement. Looking in S/L/E i find the missing kexts, Could this be my problem?

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 16.39.46.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 16.39.46.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 373
This thread is friggin awesome! I got a i3 Brix! All the info and patching and DSDT has been extemely valuable to me! :clap: :clap::thumbup:

HDMI working great.
mini DV working.

So much computing awesome in such a tiny box. Have 8 GB crucial memory and may update to full 16.

Have 120 gb msata.

These little boxes are extremely fast.

Did tony or anyone else get the RealTek wifi driver to work on this tiny box?

I got one with a Azure Wave - BN 114/H. It is Realtek 8723AE combo BT+Wifi.

I found a driver for Linux on an askUbuntu forum. Is able to be adapted/ported into a kext for Apple 80211 IO Family in 10.7,10.8,10.9, etc? Is it worth it trying to get it compiled as a driver kernel ext on Mac?

Wondering if I can do this? Anyone else try it or have any success?

*Edited to say I got a USB Edub dongle instead with a supported Realtek driver and utility for working wifi.

Kernel panic installing 10.9.5 on an Brix i5-4200

I get the following kernel panic when trying to install 10.9.5 using Unibeast on my Brix i5-4200:

Code:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80002526cf): " a freed zone element has been modified: expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeefdeadbeef but found...

I used boot options:
Code:
-x -v GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0

Last edited:
I'm currently trying to get Mavericks installed on the i5-4200 version but whenever I boot using my USB stick, I select the unibeast icon and it'll go to the apple screen for about a second before rebooting. I've upgraded the bios to F4. I've tried -x, -x dart=0, some combination with npci etc but always the same result. Any recommendations or tips?

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same config (i5-4200) and it exhibits the same behaviour.

sorry for my bad english, can anyone install yosemite in brix?? i can boot from usb 3 with unibeast error still waiting for root device
Thanks

sorry for my bad english, can anyone install yosemite in brix?? i can boot from usb 3 with unibeast error still waiting for root device
Thanks

Same with that error on XM12-3227. I think cause is USB3 ports

Hi has anyone got Yosemite working on the GB-XM12-3227, I can get it to boot from the USB using UniBeast 5.0.1 but at about 50% of the way from the initial Installer boot it stops with the error "Still waiting for root device" I have tried several flags, but with no joy, I believe it is something to do with the USB3.0 interface?

Ok, found the solution! We must create an Unibeast Laptop and Legacy USB compatible... Works like a charm!

looking at buying one of these to try and get into hackintosh. im just wondering what the latest OSX that is possible to run on this box.

After doing a full reinstall, i finally got it working. Even fixed the annoying boot0 error.

Problems after booting into OS:
- Screen res was stuck at 1024*768
- graphic artifacts such as choppines with flash videos and general artifacts when moving thorugh home screens and to the dashboard.

Any ideas?

Hi- I had the artifact problem too after having installed Yosemite yesterday.

solved it by using the solution found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...e-using-unibeast-multibeast-9.html#post889159 .

There's an option in Multibeast that is supposed to do rollback to the 10.9.5 version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext- it didn't work for me so I took the kext from a backup.

This also solved other problems (waiting for root device and some services that kept crashing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back