Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC kit - Core i3 Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SUB]USB doesn't really work for me.

I connect a USB3.0 32GB stick and my mouse+keyboard will crawl to the point of being unusable. I have to disconnect the stick to regain control.
I connect a USB2.0 Microsoft Lifecam Studio webcam and while the keyboard/mouse are OK, I'm unable to use the webcam. Apps launch but fail to display video (I checked on other websites that this camera is supported).

I installed the USB3 Generic Driver from Multibeast. Is there a way to "undo" this and restore whatever was the original driver?

[/SUB]

Testing Thread: Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC kit - Core i5 Mobile

im trying to setup our i5 brix (GB-XM11-3337) but i'm never able to get it to boot into the OS without using -x (safe mode). Can anyone tell me what they installed in multibeast and also if you did anything in the bios to get it to work right? Would save a lot of people a lot of time.

Spotted this computer 2 days ago, and I could not resist buying one yesterday. Bought the i3 version and 120GB mSATA SSD, and I already have 2x4GB RAM (might upgrade later to 16GB). Still waiting for it to arrive.

I will be using it as a server at home.
Does anyone have BCM4352 to test? Its a 802.11ac and bluetooth combo.

Hi,

I've got my BRIX i3 a few weeks ago and i managed to install ML 10.8.4 properly but with some minor issues

-Wifi Card exchanged with AR5B195 Wifi+Bluetooth Combo working proberly, but bluetooth need firmeware patch
-USB3 working only at rear USB, front USB did't recognize my external HDD
-HDMI Video and Sound working
-Single Monitor connected to Display Port only,Screen comes up, but freezes at bootscreen
-Two Monitors (HDMI and DP) Second Display via DisplayPort is not recognized, No dual-mode Display possible

The installation is done exactly like tonymacx86 adviced (Unibeast/Multibeast/DSDT).

The only major thing i did't managed to get working is the Sleepenabler/Suspend mode. I installed the newest "SleepEnabler.kext.10.7.x-10.8.zip" from osx86.net. Now Brix goes to Sleep (blue light is blinking), but after wakeup (blue light is constantly on) HDMI did't wakeup as well. I'm quite sure that the rest is still up and running, but the monitor did't get a signal via HDMI.

How did't you managed to get Sleep/Suspend working? Help is appreciated ;-)

Cheers

I've gotten the i5 version to work mostly also (haven't tried WiFi)

The one big problem I'm facing right now is that the only resolution that works is 1920x1080 in progressive mode; everything else turns the display into a broken Nintendo cart. :(

I have a similar problem. If I unplug the HDMI cable and replug it, the screen will no longer be corrupt.
My monitor unfortunately doesn't do 1080 progressive.

I have a similar problem. If I unplug the HDMI cable and replug it, the screen will no longer be corrupt.
My monitor unfortunately doesn't do 1080 progressive.

Ok for both issues, Open MultiBeast and choose 1080p Display under customization. Then reboot. It should fix most of your boot time HD 4000 display issues.

As to the overscan garble in 720p mode, try sliding the Overscan slider slightly to the right in Display preferences. This can resolve the issue on mobile HD 4000.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips, did both and now a happy camper @ 720p120 :thumbup:

EDIT: It's worth noting that 1080i is still broken, but VLC/mplayerx don't seem to do the right thing when that's enabled so it's a moot point.

Hi,

I'm french so I 'll try to find good words to explain my problem

I recently bought a Gigabyte Brix GB-XM12 Core i3

I added 8 Gb memory and a 30 Gb SSD

I followed the guide to install ML :

- installation of ML
- installation of 10.8.5
- with multibeast : DSDT (to enable audio through hdmi), trim enabler, fakesmc, powermanagement, lnx2mac realtek drivers, mac 6.2 definition, 1080p display at boot

I encounter some issues with the LAN :
- I have configured my DHCP to set a static IP for my BRIX. when I boot, the IP is ok, but if I unplug the cable and plug it again : the IP is wrong and no way to have the good IP. I need to reboot.
- if I launch a big tranfer through the network : the network crash. I have IO errors. In network, the connection appears still alive but, I can no more go to the internet, I can not connect to the BRIX with VNC, ssh ...
- I have also performance issues with CIFS, NFS, AFP shares

I have installed OSX 10.8.5 with lnx2mac drivers on another config based on GB H77N wifi : I have exactly the same issues.

Can you help me ?
Have you already heard about these issues ?

You have provided a brix.zip file : do I need to use some files inside ? a SSDT ?

I only have issues with the ethernet card

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back