Contribute
Register

Testing for 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for the test installer :D
PM me blueking

So I have been doing some testing of the graphics kexts you suggested and I couldn't help but notice that all had about the same number of lines for me. One thing that was in common was that I tried the enable HiDPI tutorial from XCODE and before any graphics settings got changed I started getting lines. Even at the login screen. I've never had that before. The HiDPI resolution settings never seem to stick. Meaning whenever I enable it and Lion tells me to logout to enable the settings, I log out and the setting have been reset to disabled. Weird! I hope this gives a little bit of help.

By the way, I am using the test installers DSDT and 10.7.2 original graphics kexts.

Ok, so I just did a clean install of 10.7.2 and here are the results.

Installation Process:
1) Installed Lion from USB installer with rBoot-Le
1a) Rebooted with rBoot-Le
2) Updated to 10.7.1
3) Updated to 10.7.2
4) Ran Installer and selected 10.7.2 Files, DSDT F20 for Intel HD 3000, i5/i7 option, and TRIM Enabler
5) Installed kext #4 from the test video kexts with KextHelper
6) Rebooted
7) I am booting off the boot loader for my Snow Leopard installation (everything boots fine)

Component Reports:
1) HDMI audio/video work fine
2) Full resolution out of the VGA worked after I changed the resolution of my second monitor from 75 Hz to 60 Hz and to 1080p. Didn't acknowledge a signal. Unplugged the VGA and plugged it back in. Voila! It works with 1080p. One note: I am not sure if it my tv, but it says signal not detected (even though it is displaying an image of my 1080p desktop ) and then my tv will go to sleep, but 5 seconds later it turns back on.
3) FaceTime works
4) AppStore works
5) Wifi works after I added it in Network Preference on first boot
6) Ethernet works
7) Battery shows 100% and charged
8) Geekbench 64-bit score of 65xx
9) No lines yet. I installed flash for Safari and ran a Youtube video or two.
10) Bluetooth works

Attached is my org.chameleon.boot.plist. I removed the mach_kernel and graphics enabler.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    608 bytes · Views: 241
Gone back to snow leopard, tried connecting my external hard drive and it won't mount.
Never had any problems with it before running the installer.
EDIT ran first aid, repair disk. After 2 minutes it says it cannot repair it please back up files and restore.
Then it became mounted..... sounds similar to the problem I had with my phone yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back