Contribute
Register

Test Report: MSI Z77A-GD55 Fully Functional - No DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran into a slight problem with this particular board, which may have something to do with the fact that I used a USB hard drive instead of a USB flash drive, since the largest flash drive I have on hand is only 4GB. The hard drives in the system, and eventually the install source drive, would go to sleep after so many minutes, and the system would lock up trying to wake them up.

I found the solution to be opening the Terminal first thing from the installer, then running:

Code:
pmset sleep 0 disksleep 0

Which disables the sleep and disk sleep timers, preventing the lockup which would occur. Now I need to figure out why it's failing to boot with the invalid magic number nonsense. Perhaps I should have wiped out that Snow Leopard install I couldn't use network with. And I couldn't fetch Mountain Lion with my mom's Macbook, either, because it's too old to be compatible with Mountain Lion, what with Apple never updating the GMA drivers to 64 bit.

EDIT: Yup, it was attempting to upgrade over the existing Snow Leopard that resulted in a broken installation. Paving and reinstalling from scratch worked.

Further, it reboots to a gray screen after the spinning logo if I have GraphicsEnabler = Yes. Booting with GraphicsEnabler = No, the GTX 670 works just fine with full functionality.

Just started getting back to hackintosh, i have the same board with i7 3770.
I have already patched the BIOS version 1.10 with pmpatch, no issue with cpu power management.
only issue i'm having is to use the built-in Intel HD4000, would buy a GTX but will have to save up a bit for that.
Current BIOS setting for integrated graphic is PEG with 64M.
I have tried all possible combinations of PEG/IGD with 32M/64M/128M/256M and GE Yes/No and IGPEnabler Yes/No to no avail.

No sure if any of you is using HD4000 and what is your settings.

Thanks,
Tommy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back