Contribute
Register

Terrible speeds with EDIMAX EW-7811Un

Status
Not open for further replies.
hate to bump, but if anybody is experiencing this and has a resolution that would be great.

should i use the realtek drivers for this? its painfully slow. it says up to 150MBPS but it says 3 times wireless coverage.

i know it was only ten bucks, but cmon, it cant be that bad!

hate to bump, but if anybody is experiencing this and has a resolution that would be great.

should i use the realtek drivers for this? its painfully slow. it says up to 150MBPS but it says 3 times wireless coverage.

i know it was only ten bucks, but cmon, it cant be that bad!

To eliminate environmental factors (walls, RF interference, etc), move your laptop so it is right next to the WiFi router/AP.

To eliminate environmental factors (walls, RF interference, etc), move your laptop so it is right next to the WiFi router/AP.
not a laptop, its a desktop, but i guess that could be it. thanks tho.

at one point it cranked up to 20 down but i think its right back where it was

oh well.

Do you know why the utility doesnt remember the WiFi SSID? everytime i restart i have to re-enter my passcode

ive tried to save the profile but when i double click it, it does nothing and tells me its disconnected till i manually enter it

not a laptop, its a desktop, but i guess that could be it. thanks tho.

at one point it cranked up to 20 down but i think its right back where it was

oh well.

Environmental factors could be the machine itself. Use a relatively long USB extension cable to get the USB dongle away from the actual box.

Do you know why the utility doesnt remember the WiFi SSID? everytime i restart i have to re-enter my passcode

ive tried to save the profile but when i double click it, it does nothing and tells me its disconnected till i manually enter it

Because it is poorly written software... I managed to get it to save a profile and use it, but it was not very intuitive and I don't really remember.

The experience is better with a supported PCIe WiFi...

Because it is poorly written software... I managed to get it to save a profile and use it, but it was not very intuitive and I don't really remember.

The experience is better with a supported PCIe WiFi...
gotcha. ill try to get an extender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back