Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Samsung Series 7 Chronos
CPU
i7 3615QM
Graphics
HD 4000
I just swapped out my eVGA Classified for a Gigabyte EX58-UD5 and did a new installation. I ran Multibeast 2.3 with UserDSDT selection and my temps are 10-15c higher vs other install methods. If I boot in with iBoot, install with easy beast, or do my installation with kexts manually, my idle temps are around 38-40c. 38-40c is consistent with Win 7 temps. If I do the UserDSDT method, they're 50-55c. Speedstep is enabled and working according to MSRTools, so I'm failing to understand why I'm seeing such a huge temperature variance. I used the DSDT from the database and I've also d00d's DSDT from over at Insanely. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I no longer see my dvd drive in the upper right. Was this disabled because ejecting manually by pushing the button now works?

Jocelyn84 said:
I just swapped out my eVGA Classified for a Gigabyte EX58-UD5 and did a new installation. I ran Multibeast 2.3 with UserDSDT selection and my temps are 10-15c higher vs other install methods. If I boot in with iBoot, install with easy beast, or do my installation with kexts manually, my idle temps are around 38-40c. 38-40c is consistent with Win 7 temps. If I do the UserDSDT method, they're 50-55c. Speedstep is enabled and working according to MSRTools, so I'm failing to understand why I'm seeing such a huge temperature variance. I used the DSDT from the database and I've also d00d's DSDT from over at Insanely. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I no longer see my dvd drive in the upper right. Was this disabled because ejecting manually by pushing the button now works?
Are you using a Mac Pro smbios.plist?

AFAIK, there are BIOS issue with the EX58-UD5 with missing DVD drives.

MacMan said:
Are you using a Mac Pro smbios.plist?

I've tried them all. Solution was to use Dood's DSDT from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 71&st=1100
and to use Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r629. My temps are even lower now! 33-35c.

MacMan said:

Well it sees the drive, and I can play, burn, and eject manually. I can't bring myself to believe its related to the UD5, because I initially used my Classified install with the UD5 DSDT and could see the eject icon then. I think this has something to do with Multibeast/UserDSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back