Contribute
Register

Temperamental HP Probook 470 G1 (HDMI & sounds stops working) (Fault tracking/debug advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Temperamental HP Probook 470 G0 (HDMI & sounds stops working) (Fault tracking/debug advice)

Hi there,

I've had a "perfectly" working HAckintosh with 10.9.4 installed/patched with the Clover PBI at that stage
(6.2.5 ~1Sept2014). I've sometimes had the sounds not "working" after a sleep-wake which usually works after a reboot/powercycle.

Today that isn't working, and the HDMI to an DVI display that worked fine before the weekend, now doesn't get picked up either.

Now how/where do I start debugging/fault finding what it doesn't see or ignores to be able to ask for guidance or tracking the faults myself?

Hi there,

I've had a "perfectly" working HAckintosh with 10.9.4 installed/patched with the Clover PBI at that stage
(6.2.5 ~1Sept2014). I've sometimes had the sounds not "working" after a sleep-wake which usually works after a reboot/powercycle.

Today that isn't working, and the HDMI to an DVI display that worked fine before the weekend, now doesn't get picked up either.

Now how/where do I start debugging/fault finding what it doesn't see or ignores to be able to ask for guidance or tracking the faults myself?

Do a fresh install and see if the problems repeat there.

Do a fresh install and see if the problems repeat there.
Ouch. Time isn't on my side when this is my main device during day time @client sites ;(

Do a fresh install to a secondary partition.

Hmmm...

Feedback time: No I haven't reinstalled yet (That secondary partition is the problem :crazy: )

HOWEVER: what made me postpone that, was that my sound (by it self??) started to work as I went on a road trip in December. My plan was to do the reinstallation once I've returned from the road trip, which wasn;t needed anymore, so I continued with the system, upgraded to the latest Maverick, and all was bliss and happiness, until this morning, when my sound again stopped working.
System info shows there is some Intel HD audio, but nothing in sound preferences etc.

I have the suspicion it has to do with me having had to switch back to CSM hybrib for my Windows I had to boot (still need to redo that installatio of Win7 to native UEFI :( too ), and booting into MAcOSX without switching back to native UEFI.

Any advice on where/how to debug this issue?

Update:
It could also have been 'cause of Security Update 2015-002... rerun HP Probook installer 6.2.15.4.2, couple of reboots later and it's working sound again...:confused:

:O thanks!
I haven't touched Yosemite yet, so didn't thought that relevant :oops:

Same issue/same solution, it's just that it has only been written down in the latest guide (for Yosemite).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back