Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,

I bought Targus ACB10US rev1 usb bluetooth dongle (the grey lone one) from ebay after reading many success stories about this one is best bluetooth dongle for hackintosh which is working out of the box. Unfortunately, mine is not working, more precisely not out of the box. I have checked it has no hardware problem and it is working properly under parallels desktop (windows xp) but in 10.6.6 is not working out of the box. Symptoms: A bluetooth icon appeared in system preferences but it is slow to open and it doesn't find any bluetooth device and also there is bluetooth icon showing: "bluetooth not available" in menubar.
System profiler shows:
Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 2.3.8f7
Hardware Settings:
Manufacturer: Unknown
Name:
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Yes
Vendor ID: 0
Product ID: 0x1
Requires Authentication: No
Services:
Bluetooth File Transfer:
Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public
Requires Authentication: Yes
State: Enabled
Bluetooth File Exchange:
Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads
When receiving items: Prompt for each file
State: Enabled
Incoming Serial Ports:
Serial Port 1:
Name: Bluetooth-PDA-Sync
RFCOMM Channel: 3
Serial Port 2:
Name: SerialPort
RFCOMM Channel: 1
Outgoing Serial Ports:
Serial Port 1:
Address:
Name: Bluetooth-Modem
RFCOMM Channel: 0

Please help me what do to make my bluetooth dongle to work properly.
Thanks for your help.

My config: Motherboard:Gigabyte ep45-ud3lr rev1.0 - Cpu:Intel e8400 - Ram:8Gb DDR2 - Vga:Nividia gt9500 - Monitor:Apple cinema display 27 with Athlona dp-400 - OS:10.6.6 with Multibeast 3.03.

I'm having the same problem. I was able to get it working when I first got setup on 10.6.0 before getting things up-to-date, but in 10.6.5 and 10.6.6 nothing.

It works great on my MacBook Pro and on Windows 7 on my hackintosh, but not for the Snow Leopard side of things.

I know this is an old topic, but I googled this adapter + hackintosh and got to here. I'm having the same problem, hang on the bluetooth preference pane, doesn't connect. What's weird is that yesterday when I paired it with my magic trackpad it was working fine. Not so when I woke up the computer this morning.

Also, if I yank it out I get a kernel panic. If this adapter is a lost cause, what should I replace it with for 100% compatibility?

Cougarcat said:
I know this is an old topic, but I googled this adapter + hackintosh and got to here. I'm having the same problem, hang on the bluetooth preference pane, doesn't connect. What's weird is that yesterday when I paired it with my magic trackpad it was working fine. Not so when I woke up the computer this morning.

Also, if I yank it out I get a kernel panic. If this adapter is a lost cause, what should I replace it with for 100% compatibility?

Lion solved the issue. This bluetooth dongle is working perfectly with lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back