Contribute
Register

T450 HD5500 graphics glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

[
Also, post EFI/Clover folder.
posting the requested files

Attachments

• acpiplat.txt
    150 bytes · Views: 87
  • applelpc.txt
    135 bytes · Views: 76
  • raj’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6.6 MB · Views: 69
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
  • appleintelcpu.txt
    1 bytes · Views: 63
  • RehabMan.zip
    49.1 KB · Views: 57
posting the requested files

PM looks ok, as does backlight. You might try setting Options for IntelBacklight.kext to 0x02. And you could try using the PWMMax from BIOS (PWMMax=0).

There is example/documentation in the IntelBacklight README for overriding these configuration items in ACPI.

You will need to build the current kext, as the Options=0x2 feature is not in the current build.

PM looks ok, as does backlight. You might try setting Options for IntelBacklight.kext to 0x02. And you could try using the PWMMax from BIOS (PWMMax=0).

There is example/documentation in the IntelBacklight README for overriding these configuration items in ACPI.

You will need to build the current kext, as the Options=0x2 feature is not in the current build.
Setting the Options=0x2 feature provides what benefit ?

ok will try to implement this method . Have noticed another behaviour with the system and let me know if this is correct. When i boot the laptop with the lid open and login to the desktop and close the lid which works without any glitches i find in the system preference => Display option that it does list the internal laptop display pref and the external monitor pref also. Is this the expected behaviour.

ok will try to implement this method . Have noticed another behaviour with the system and let me know if this is correct. When i boot the laptop with the lid open and login to the desktop and close the lid which works without any glitches i find in the system preference => Display option that it does list the internal laptop display pref and the external monitor pref also. Is this the expected behaviour.

It probably is not detecting your LID closed.

It probably is not detecting your LID closed.
I am able to close the lid without external monitor attached and the laptop goes to sleep. would this still be a lid not detecting to verify.

I am able to close the lid without external monitor attached and the laptop goes to sleep. would this still be a lid not detecting to verify.

Something else then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back