Contribute
Register

T440p un perfect installation of Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Boss!! It works now! Just as what you said this issue is due not set DropOem=true!

Final questions:

1. I have a ssdt( via tools ssdtPRGen.sh) which generated for pm, how to merge it with counterpart for Brightlight?

No merging. Just include both... SSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, etc.

2. As my understood, DropOem=true means drop all auto generated ssdt(s) when boot from Clover, right? If it is, whether should I put all ssdt which extract from linux to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched?
BTW: for now, I just put all ssdt which can be applied [/COLOR]"Rename PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU".

Not "auto generated SSDT", but "native/OEM SSDTs" ... those SSDTs provided by BIOS. DropOem drops them all.

1. If SSDT(s) have same sections, then what happen? overwrite? merge? or others?
2. Does I have to name ssdt file following pattern SSDT-1, SSDT-2...SSDT-X? What's the naming conservation?
those SSDTs provided by BIOS. DropOem drops them all.
After enabled DropOem, If i just put several ssdt, not all. then does it will lead lost ssdt information??

1. If SSDT(s) have same sections, then what happen? overwrite? merge? or others?
2. Does I have to name ssdt file following pattern SSDT-1, SSDT-2...SSDT-X? What's the naming conservation?
After enabled DropOem, If i just put several ssdt, not all. then does it will lead lost ssdt information??

1. Generally they won't have the same sections. The CPU SSDTs are an exception as we generate SSDT instead of using the OEM ones. This is why we drop them.

2. For Clover it has to be SSDT.aml, SSDT-1, SSDT-2.aml and so on (there can be gaps, unlike with Chameleon). For examples, Clover will not load SSDT1.aml, nor SSDT-MyStuff.aml.

3. Yes. That's considered 'dropping' them.

Yekki,

I just received a Lanovo T440P with i5-4200m and Intel HD 4600 graphics.

I have been unsuccessful trying to install Mavericks.

I've tried Unibeast and Clover with it rebooting right after apple splash screen while tying to get to install.

Can you give me some help?

A step by step would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Yekki,

I just received a Lanovo T440P with i5-4200m and Intel HD 4600 graphics.

I have been unsuccessful trying to install Mavericks.

I've tried Unibeast and Clover with it rebooting right after apple splash screen while tying to get to install.

Can you give me some help?

A step by step would be appreciated.

Thank you,

You need to patch the kernel: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

Clover will automatically patch the kernel (with KernelPm and KernelLapic). For using Clover, I suggest you read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html. Filter appropriately as some information is HP ProBook specific (omit HPFanReset.efi, for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back