Contribute
Register

T440P Fixes to do before proceeding with the Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the Probook or U430 repos. You will see how the methods are declared such that they are injected into the correct scope.
Hmm.. can you please be more specific: like tell me for example which one part/code are you refering to "from my DSDT"
You have GBIF and GBST in root scope, yet originally they were in _SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.
Same goes for the EmbeddedControl region/etc.
Don't forget about patching the Mutexes with non-zero SyncLevel.
Mutexes are already patched, am i required to rename GBIF and GBST ?

Im confused at this point, any further "more detailed" clarification on what is missing would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSDT_Origin.dsl
    567.4 KB · Views: 88
  • DSDT_Battery.dsl
    569 KB · Views: 73
  • T440P_Battery(in progress).dsl
    6.8 KB · Views: 87
  • config.plist
    21.7 KB · Views: 186
Hmm.. can you please be more specific: like tell me for example which one part/code are you refering to "from my DSDT"

To see which scope a given method resides in (easy way), load your DSDT in MaciASL, search for the method, click inside the method, then look at the status bar.

am i required to rename GBIF and GBST ?

You said you were going to rename them to XBIF and XBST.

To see which scope a given method resides in (easy way), load your DSDT in MaciASL, search for the method, click inside the method, then look at the status bar.

You said you were going to rename them to XBIF and XBST.
I did rename them on config.plist already.
Ok so then i assume that i only need to add the scope and rename the methods and i should be good 2 go ?.

I did rename them on config.plist already.
Ok so then i assume that i only need to add the scope and rename the methods and i should be good 2 go ?.

Yes, I think you have things in the right scope (it looks a little strange because of the indenting is off).
Hopefully you can boot with the patches + battery SSDT.

If im correct this is the scope that is supposed to be, but i wonder why the compiler is giving me these errors ?
Should i modify something, or i have something wrong ?
Compiler.png

Attachments

6.8 KB · Views: 83
  • DSDT_Origin.dsl
    567.4 KB · Views: 89
  • DSDT_Battery.dsl
    569 KB · Views: 70
  • config.plist
    21.7 KB · Views: 153
If im correct this is the scope that is supposed to be, but i wonder why the compiler is giving me these errors ?
Should i modify something, or i have something wrong ?
View attachment 276511

You need to use External before using a scope.
eg.
External(SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC, DeviceObj)
Scope(SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC)

And your name chosen for the OperationRegion conflicts with an External you added:
External(ECR1, FieldUnitObj)
OperationRegion (ECR1, EmbeddedControl, 0x00, 0x0100)

I don't see any ECR1 defined in DSDT, so I don't know why you added the "External(ECR1..."

Hmm External of ECR1 was a typo that i forgot to remove after i learned that it's not needed only if you want to land calls for the specific thing from ACPI.

Fixed scope errors

Should it be ready for testing now ?\

Here are the new files

Attachments

• DSDT_Origin.dsl
    567.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSDT_Battery.dsl
    569 KB · Views: 72
    6.7 KB · Views: 76
  • config.plist
    21.7 KB · Views: 114
Hmm External of ECR1 was a typo that i forgot to remove after i learned that it's not needed only if you want to land calls for the specific thing from ACPI.

Fixed scope errors

Should it be ready for testing now ?\

Here are the new files

If you think you're ready, test it.

Well if you can give me green light signal that i can test it,of course ill be ready

Never hurts to try.
And as long as you can boot, there is more tools available for diagnosing mistakes once you're booting with the new files/patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back