Lenovo T440p-Clover
CPU
i5-4300U
Graphics
HD 4600, 1920 X 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I am having a terrible time finding the right T430 BIOS and Clover settings to boot Yosemite from a USB drive. I am following the 1366X768 T430 Yosemite Guide from Oct 2014 with my 1600X900 display. The USB drive was prepared with Unibeast 6.2 (Legacy mode) without any plist or Clover changes.

The symptom is a black screen with no activity after the apple logo appears and progress bar reaches 1/3. Same happens with -x and -v flags. Same with switching USB 3 mode on and off.

These are what I gather the relevant BIOS settings:
Config, USB - USB 3.0 Mode [Enabled]
Config, Serial ATA (SATA) - SATA Controller Mode Option [AHCI]
Security, Memory Protection - Execution Prevention [Enabled]
Security, Virtualization - Intel (R) Virtualization Technology [Disabled]
Security, Virtualization - Intel (R) VT-d Feature [Disabled]
Startup, UEFI/Legacy Boot [Both]
Startup, UEFI/Legacy Boot - UEFI/Legacy Boot Priority [Legacy First]
Startup, UEFI/Legacy Boot - CSM Support [Yes]

Hope it is a simple omission.

Hello,

I am having a terrible time finding the right T430 BIOS and Clover settings to boot Yosemite from a USB drive. I am following the 1366X768 T430 Yosemite Guide from Oct 2014 with my 1600X900 display. The USB drive was prepared with Unibeast 6.2 (Legacy mode) without any plist or Clover changes.

The symptom is a black screen with no activity after the apple logo appears and progress bar reaches 1/3. Same happens with -x and -v flags. Same with switching USB 3 mode on and off.

These are what I gather the relevant BIOS settings:
Config, USB - USB 3.0 Mode [Enabled]
Config, Serial ATA (SATA) - SATA Controller Mode Option [AHCI]
Security, Memory Protection - Execution Prevention [Enabled]
Security, Virtualization - Intel (R) Virtualization Technology [Disabled]
Security, Virtualization - Intel (R) VT-d Feature [Disabled]
Startup, UEFI/Legacy Boot [Both]
Startup, UEFI/Legacy Boot - UEFI/Legacy Boot Priority [Legacy First]
Startup, UEFI/Legacy Boot - CSM Support [Yes]

Hope it is a simple omission.

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back