Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Good morning forum!

I have set up a few hackintoshes using Lenovo Thinkpads. I currently have a T420S running El Capitan, and have mostly everything working. I notice the trackpoint and trackpoint buttons (the upper buttons on the trackpad) are not working. Has anyone set up a T420S with the trackpoint and trackpoint buttons working properly?

Thanks!

Good morning forum!

I have set up a few hackintoshes using Lenovo Thinkpads. I currently have a T420S running El Capitan, and have mostly everything working. I notice the trackpoint and trackpoint buttons (the upper buttons on the trackpad) are not working. Has anyone set up a T420S with the trackpoint and trackpoint buttons working properly?

Thanks!

Which PS2 drivers are you using?

Looking in my kext folder, I see VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I was unable to find kexts for a T420S, and used kexts for a T420 instead.

If you need any other information please let me know.

Thank you.

Not sure if I have Synaptics. Is this software? How can I check?

Here is my ioreg file

Attachments

• T420S-ElCap.zip
    407.7 KB · Views: 235
Here is my ioreg file

You have a Synaptics trackpad and are using my driver.

It has limited support for trackstick if implemented using the method described in Synaptics trackpad spec (passthrough).

I don't have the hardware to test with, so no idea if it works currently. Fortunately, the source is available, so you can tweak it if needed.

Thank you for checking. Is there a better way to implement your driver that will get these upper trackpad buttons working?

Thank you.

Thank you for checking. Is there a better way to implement your driver that will get these upper trackpad buttons working?

Thank you.

You can use the debug version to get information about the packets coming from the device.

If you have some C++ experience, you may be able to come up with a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back