Contribute
Register

T420 move to clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly are you talking about?

on my t420 I have mavericks. before 10.9.3 everything worked correctly but starting from 10.9.3 many thing stop working. I read forum about t42 UEFI only. I found it on insanelymac forum.

So I am trying to move to clover without new installation. I ran clover pkg file. It created /EFI directory. I copied files form the forum. But I did not achieve much. my clover is not booting.

I am not sure how to continue from this point.

on my t420 I have mavericks. before 10.9.3 everything worked correctly but starting from 10.9.3 many thing stop working. I read forum about t42 UEFI only. I found it on insanelymac forum.

So I am trying to move to clover without new installation. I ran clover pkg file. It created /EFI directory. I copied files form the forum. But I did not achieve much. my clover is not booting.

I am not sure how to continue from this point.

Did you enable UEFI in BIOS?

Did you enable UEFI in BIOS?

Yes, it was enabled. What happened is I did not realized that my partition is MBR and I need different option in bootloader section. I was able to boot with clover. Now I am going to verify/fix issues I have encountered. I will keep you posted.

Yes, it was enabled. What happened is I did not realized that my partition is MBR and I need different option in bootloader section. I was able to boot with clover. Now I am going to verify/fix issues I have encountered. I will keep you posted.

It is mostly working. Sleep came back, I can kind of use dual monitor. But it not ideal.
My BIOS is not latest. Rev 1.33 current is 1.46. So for the video card I have three choices: discrete nvs4200, integrated hd 3000, and optimus(some kind of these two combined). What happens that currently hd 3000 the only works for me and with reboot in BIOS it resets to discrete. The other problem that dual display is kind of weird. I only can use VGA (no dvi, neither dp). So I use monitor connected to VGA and built in display. The other thing is no clam state.

... What happens that currently hd 3000 the only works for me and with reboot in BIOS it resets to discrete.

Sounds like CMOS reset. Need patched AppleRTC (there is checkbox for this in CloverConfigurator).

The other problem that dual display is kind of weird. I only can use VGA (no dvi, neither dp). So I use monitor connected to VGA and built in display. The other thing is no clam state.

VGA usually doesn't work at all. Sounds like you don't have drivers loading. Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Not sure what a "clam state" is...

Sounds like CMOS reset. Need patched AppleRTC (there is checkbox for this in CloverConfigurator).

VGA usually doesn't work at all. Sounds like you don't have drivers loading. Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Not sure what a "clam state" is...

i attached ioreg file. By clam sate I meant when laptop is closed. When laptop closed the built in display should go off. And if external display attached then the video image goes to the external display. In my case if I close the laptop the built in display still function as if i did not close the cover.

Attachments

• usenmdudnikm3.ioreg
    4.2 MB · Views: 133
i attached ioreg file. By clam sate I meant when laptop is closed. When laptop closed the built in display should go off. And if external display attached then the video image goes to the external display. In my case if I close the laptop the built in display still function as if i did not close the cover.

ioreg is corrupt. Follow the instructions carefully and exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back