1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
I'm using the rehabman config_HD520_530_540.plist and the only thing I have changed is setting the ig-platform-id to 0x191E0000 and adding PNLF for IntelBacklight.kext + BergDesign Brightness.app. Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup are in /S/L/E and QE/CI seems to be working fine (Desktop eye-candy, Chess, and screen savers all work.)

It took me a bunch of guesses to find the right ig-platform-id; anything other than 0x191E0000 and acceleration is broken: usable, but screen saver previews garbled, window tearing, etc. Is there a quick way to determine the correct ig-platform-id? I think I read someplace you had to just guess...but I have read too many guides.

ssdtprgen.sh gave an error but produced ssdt.aml, which I am using. SSDT-0.aml and SSDT-1.aml are just patched with rename GFX0 to IGPU, I think.

Other display oddness: plugging a monitor into HDMI causes a crash, but VGA works fine.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
  • Rehabman_patchmatic_out.zip
    52.7 KB · Views: 44
  • ioreg.zip
    567.6 KB · Views: 75
  • kextcache.out.zip
    462 bytes · Views: 45
  • kextstat.out.zip
    403 bytes · Views: 66
I'm using the rehabman config_HD520_530_540.plist and the only thing I have changed is setting the ig-platform-id to 0x191E0000 and adding PNLF for IntelBacklight.kext + BergDesign Brightness.app. Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup are in /S/L/E and QE/CI seems to be working fine (Desktop eye-candy, Chess, and screen savers all work.)

It took me a bunch of guesses to find the right ig-platform-id; anything other than 0x191E0000 and acceleration is broken: usable, but screen saver previews garbled, window tearing, etc. Is there a quick way to determine the correct ig-platform-id? I think I read someplace you had to just guess...but I have read too many guides.

ssdtprgen.sh gave an error but produced ssdt.aml, which I am using. SSDT-0.aml and SSDT-1.aml are just patched with rename GFX0 to IGPU, I think.

Other display oddness: plugging a monitor into HDMI causes a crash, but VGA works fine.

Your ACPI configuration is wrong. You should have no SSDTs, except SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh) or SSDT-PluginType1.aml.
And AddPNLF cannot be used. Neither can IntelBacklight.kext.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Deleted AddPNLF from config.plist. Removed files SSDT-0, SSDT-1, /S/L/E/IntelBacklight.kext. Followed guide and backlight keys (F14,F15), display sleep are working.

Deleted AddPNLF from config.plist. Removed files SSDT-0, SSDT-1, /S/L/E/IntelBacklight.kext. Followed guide and backlight keys (F14,F15), display sleep are working.

Great. Sounds like "problem solved"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back