GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

I've have a ML install running quite happily now for a long time. I installed 10.8.3 (not via the App Store) and lost my sound (ALC889). So thought I'd install the latest MB hoping to get my sound back. Now my system will not boot at all. At boot time very quickly after the boot loader has picked up my boot drive, the system just reboots. Doesn't get to the White Apple screen at all.

When I boot with a -x -v flag, it doesn't help at all either. Take a look at the screen pic I took - just a couple of lines and then reboots.

Any ideas? Please help me! I'm lost without my Hackintosh!!!

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_2960.JPG
    IMG_2960.JPG
    370.1 KB · Views: 79
Anyone? Any ideas? Please! My system config is in my signature if case you need any more details.

Thanks!!

Steve

Well no help later... I have got things up and running again. I will post my solution here in case it helps anyone else out that's having this problem.

The issue appears to be with MultiBeast. I was able to get the system booting again using the rDisk and booting with the -F option (capital F). Once I got the system up and running, I reinstalled MB and before rebooted reinstalled Chameleon 2.

Then the reboot worked just fine and my system was back up and running.

Doubt that you'll get any help with post like: "I installed 10.8.3 (not via the App Store)"

That's cause I downloaded the 10.8.3 combo from Apple directly which I am pretty sure is the way that is recommended by the tonymacx86.com site. I quote from http://www.tonymacx86.com/317-os-x-10-8-3-update.html:

"Today Apple released 10.8.3, the third major update to OS X Mountain Lion. To eliminate any potential issues, we generally recommend to update any supported systems using the standalone combo installer available from Apple.com, and not the built-in Software Update."

Sorry for any confusion my post might have caused you - but thanks for your ever so helpful reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back