Motherboard
ASUS Z97-Pro Gamer
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX1080 / HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi @RehabMan and everyone else. I have an issue with my laptop hackintosh where if my charger is connected to the laptop and I try to sleep it, the kernel would throw a 'System Wake Failure' on wakeup. When I try to shut it down, the laptop would go into a 'darkwake'-like mode where it doesn't shut down, but remains turned on with the screen off and doesn't respond to key or mouse presses. The same thing happens with when waking up (and the system crashes). Occasionally, macOS would reach the login screen but would freeze after about 5 seconds after waking (needing a hard reset. These issues happen about 80% of the time, so they are quite predictable but not 100%. I also get a similar issue when I've put the laptop to sleep and I plug in or unplug the AC Adapter.

Back when I implemented the battery support for my laptop, I changed the DSDT so that the battery would always be reported as connected/plugged in (since my laptop doesn't have a removable battery anyway and was the reason why I couldn't see my battery status - it would disappear after login). By that I don't mean that it always reports the charger as plugged in but that the battery itself is connected to the motherboard.

The reason why I think this is AC Adapter and Battery Status related is because these problems only occur when the charger is plugged in (or is being plugged in or plugged out). The laptop works perfectly on battery power. However, there is another oddity. After a 'System Wake Failure' event, the console log reports that the reason for the failure is XHC (i.e. the USB 3 Controller), so i am really confused. I will try to reproduce the issue and upload the console log here later on. I have attached both the crash log that appears when the system throws a 'System Wake Failure' error, as well as all problem reporting files. Please help me fix this because it is really annoying.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I think I solved the issue myself - I had to implement correct USB power management by adding a fake Embedded Controller device to my IOReg (through an SSDT). This seems to have fixed all crashes :) I am leaving this message here for anyone facing the same issue.

Attachments

• Sleep_Wake_Failure.txt
    28.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
some similar **** happens to me, when on battery, I can wake it when closing and opening the lid. but when on adapter, nothing help from the black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back