i5 750
Graphics
GTX 260
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys.

I'm new to all this. I've been running a dual boot hackintosh that a friend made 8 years. I never used Windows 7 much, and frankly can do without it, but Mac OS 10.6.8 was my bread and butter. (Literally, I'm an editor).

Anyway, Snow Leopard (10.6.8) as been giving me trouble recently. I had no sound output options all of a sudden. The speaker icon in finder was greyed out and in system preferences no audio output option existed. I attempted to reinstall Snow Leopard and that seemed to help with the sound however About This Mac was only showing 1GB of RAM. (I have 4 G-SKILL DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 2GBx2 sticks installed. Total of 16GB of virtual memory.) Also, upgrading to the 10.6.8 update from 10.6 was problematic. After the upgrade I was no longer able to boot OS.

That's sort of the back story. Since I was having these issues I figured I would rather upgrade to High Sierra instead of messing around trying to get Snow Leopard to work. After following the instructions on creating a bootable USB stick I was able to launch Clover and start the install. I get the black screen with the Apple Logo and the loading bar gets more than halfway before it shuts down my system. Happens every time. Admittingly I did my best to set up my BIOS but yet to find someone doing this with my exact motherboard and CPU. Perhaps there's an issue there?

Any help would be appreciated. Also, if there's no way to do this with my hardware because its old then someone please let me know. Perhaps there's an OS newer than Snow Leopard that would work....

Be gentle since I'm new to all this. I'm sure there's some basic **** I'm over looking.

Thanks a lot.

System:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz
MotherBoard: GA-P55M-UD2
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

I get the black screen with the Apple Logo and the loading bar gets more than halfway before it shuts down my system.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

Also, if there's no way to do this with my hardware because its old then someone please let me know.
Not sure about your graphics card.
On macOS Sierra people had to use the NVDAStartup.kext for El Capitan.
See [SOLVED] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 + Sierra

6DDE78C2-F4A9-42B0-B275-672EE771AF81.jpeg
Thanks for your help. Here’s the screen grab.

Here’s the screen grab.
Unfortunately any relevant information has scrolled off the top of the screen.
Most people make a video of the boot process and extract the frames showing the kernel panic.

Thanks. Could it be on this screen?

Attachments

• 4C6A52EA-8019-47F5-A32C-66D688EFC973.jpeg
    4C6A52EA-8019-47F5-A32C-66D688EFC973.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
Im having the same problem also. Always shut down while installing, i try it with el capitain and it work great but when I’m trying to install High Sierra it gets stuck on 14 mins remaining and always shut down for no reason. Please can someone help me because I know my computer is really compatible for High Sierra.

Attachments

• FE051B2E-C794-44DF-A596-88F4996A3BCB.jpeg
    FE051B2E-C794-44DF-A596-88F4996A3BCB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hey arnaud. Any luck? I haven’t heard back about my issue.

Hey arnaud. Any luck? I haven’t heard back about my issue.
Same thing sir. It only install el capitain successfully but when it come to High Sierra the computer just shut down while installing. My pc is pretty great to run High Sierra so idk what’s really the problem. Hopefully somebody can fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back