Graphics
MSI R6850 PE/OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What should I do to change this and make the options accurate? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 9.22.09 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 9.22.09 PM.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 9.22.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 9.22.01 PM.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 72
What should I do to change this and make the options accurate? Thanks.
If you have the front panel jacks for mic and headphone on your case (supplied by case maker) connected to the mobo you will see these I/O options - It may say "internal" but the front panel jacks is what it is referring to. You might be able to get rid of it by unplugging the front panel audio connector, but since it is still present on the mobo that might not work.

If you have the front panel jacks for mic and headphone on your case (supplied by case maker) connected to the mobo you will see these I/O options - It may say "internal" but the front panel jacks is what it is referring to. You might be able to get rid of it by unplugging the front panel audio connector, but since it is still present on the mobo that might not work.

Rad. Thanks for answering my question. You might be able to answer this question as well. When I plug my speakers in to the green audio port at the back of my motherboard I have to select Internal Speakers for sound to work. Now the sound works fine except for intermittent crackling sounds. Even when the system is in sleep mode. I've tried messing with the options in Audio MIDI Setup such as changing the bit integer, but the crackling still occured. To remedy this I plugged my audio cable into the black audio port at the back of the motherboard and then went into system preferences and selected one of the "Lion Out" options. The crackling no longer occurs. What is up with that? Thanks again.

Rad. Thanks for answering my question. You might be able to answer this question as well. When I plug my speakers in to the green audio port at the back of my motherboard I have to select Internal Speakers for sound to work. Now the sound works fine except for intermittent crackling sounds. Even when the system is in sleep mode. I've tried messing with the options in Audio MIDI Setup such as changing the bit integer, but the crackling still occured. To remedy this I plugged my audio cable into the black audio port at the back of the motherboard and then went into system preferences and selected one of the "Lion Out" options. The crackling no longer occurs. What is up with that? Thanks again.

This is probably something to do with how ASUS BIOS handles the audio codec and the chip itself. Have no idea what causes the noise. If one of the other line out ports works without the noise, then use it instead of the green port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back