HD 5770 1 GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, Im Peter and new to this forum.

Been lurkin' here for a while now, so know some bit.

Put together a system and try to install snow Leopard for 3 days now!

Whatever boatloader I tried I keep hanging op the same error over and over again.

See picture

error_2066.jpg

What did I do:

Bios setting: tried: al default setting, but changed all ide to AHCI, 64 bits (according to TonyOsx
tried: the optimised biossetting from http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com

Got MY SSD on Sata_0
optical drive on SATA_1
only 4 gb ram left in 1 slot

Unplugged all devices, cables and hd.
SSD is the only plugged hd left.

All bootloader boots fine, in some I even can install SL, but at the reboot the system gets stuck.

I also came to this article wich maybe can help me out: http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrt ... river.html

But how do I install this driver if I can't get in my system??

All help welcome! ;)

EDIT:

Latest ERROR (Iboot):

DSMOS has arrived
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: : start waitForService(recourcheMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement ) timed out
com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet adress 1c:6f :65: 34:3d

SYSTEM:
GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 * Intel i7 950 * 12GB Corsair Venegance 1600MHz CL9 * Gigabyte GTX460 * OCZ SSD Agility 40GB * Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB * Scythe Mugen2 * Sony Optiarc DVD * Scythe Chouriki 750w 80+ silver * G5 case

Petertje said:
Hi, Im Peter and new to this forum.

Been lurkin' here for a while now, so know some bit.

Put together a system and try to install snow Leopard for 3 days now!

Whatever boatloader I tried I keep hanging op the same error over and over again.

See picture

error_2066.jpg

What did I do:

Bios setting: tried: al default setting, but changed all ide to AHCI, 64 bits (according to TonyOsx
tried: the optimised biossetting from http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com

Got MY SSD on Sata_0
optical drive on SATA_1
only 4 gb ram left in 1 slot

Unplugged all devices, cables and hd.
SSD is the only plugged hd left.

All bootloader boots fine, in some I even can install SL, but at the reboot the system gets stuck.

I also came to this article wich maybe can help me out: http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrt ... river.html

But how do I install this driver if I can't get in my system??

All help welcome! ;)

EDIT:

Latest ERROR (Iboot):

DSMOS has arrived
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: : start waitForService(recourcheMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement ) timed out
com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet adress 1c:6f :65: 34:3d

SYSTEM:
GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 * Intel i7 950 * 12GB Corsair Venegance 1600MHz CL9 * Gigabyte GTX460 * OCZ SSD Agility 40GB * Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB * Scythe Mugen2 * Sony Optiarc DVD * Scythe Chouriki 750w 80+ silver * G5 case
What rev of the retail Snow Leopard install disk are you using?
Have you downloaded a DSDT file from the forum database?

When you have installed and you reboot that first time, when the chameleon screen comes up make sure you select your SSD you installed to - not the iBoot disk.
I would swap the DVD combo and SSD - DVD in _0, SSD in _1.

Basically, it goes this way:
1. Boot, set BIOS - save and continue boot with iBoot in DVD multi
2. At chameleon screen, swap iBoot with install disk
3. Wait until drive light goes out and drive quits spinning.
4. hit F5
5. At chameleon screen use left-right arrow keys to select SL install disc icon - hit enter
6. At SL install screen, use disk utility to format drive, continue install
7. When install is complete, swap install disk for iBoot disc and reboot
8. At chameleon screen use left-right arrow keys to select SL SSD icon hit enter
9. When you get to the desktop, download and run the combo update, download a DSDT file from the database, download and unzip the latest MultiBeast, launch it and make your selections - hit continue.
10 when MB is finished, eject the iBoot disc and reboot.

Done except for loading any apps you might want.

Hi goingBald,

The problem is: I never come to a full install:

the errors I get is while booting from the SL disk. System somehow "hangs" at the install disk.

The Iboot disk boots up: I get the chameleon icon, switch disks (SL) wait a bit and hit F5.
When errors persist I tried to install with -x -v.

These errors are in the pics.

So I can't load any DSTs files and didn't even come to set anything in multibeast.
I even can't come to the disk to format it, get stuck in the boot.

( another bootloader got me further to full install but after rebooting I got stucked too
with the same error (realtekethernet)

Snow Leopard version is 10.6

can try to swap the sata.

Bios version BTW is: FE

Petertje said:
Hi goingBald,

The problem is: I never come to a full install:

the errors I get is while booting from the SL disk. System somehow "hangs" at the install disk.

The Iboot disk boots up: I get the chameleon icon, switch disks (SL) wait a bit and hit F5.
When errors persist I tried to install with -x -v.

These errors are in the pics.

So I can't load any DSTs files and didn't even come to set anything in multibeast.
I even can't come to the disk to format it, get stuck in the boot.

( another bootloader got me further to full install but after rebooting I got stucked too
with the same error (realtekethernet)

Snow Leopard version is 10.6

can try to swap the sata.

Bios version BTW is: FE
I suspect the problem is the video card, but try the suggestion from the iBoot update announcement first and see if it helps.
From the Blog:
type -x PCIRootUID=1.

I solved my problem tonight, and the trick seemed was using the options

-x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v

I have now gotten Snow Leopard up to 10.6.6 and via MultiBeast and numerous other tweaks everything seems to be working like a charm. The other thing I did, before I tried the GraphicsEnabler=No was to downgrade the BIOS to FB version after seeing some other posts that indicated that could be a suspect. Personally I'm not sure that was the issue and will sometime upgrade again but not right now...too exhausted and happy that it is working

Thanks Goingbald,
This really got me going.

Got full install now, did some tweaks and system reboots, graphics works.

Ethernet still not working, but i'll get there. Probl. Search for help here again.

Thanks sofar!

Petertje said:
Thanks Goingbald,
This really got me going.

Got full install now, did some tweaks and system reboots, graphics works.

Ethernet still not working, but i'll get there. Probl. Search for help here again.

Thanks sofar!
Use lnx2mac's ethernet kext - the latest MultiBeast has it, I think. Or you can go to lnx2mac's blog and download it.

ethernet's working now, i'll get there
got an usb issue now, hope to solve that too.

jbrickman1 said:
I solved my problem tonight, and the trick seemed was using the options

-x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v

I have now gotten Snow Leopard up to 10.6.6 and via MultiBeast and numerous other tweaks everything seems to be working like a charm. The other thing I did, before I tried the GraphicsEnabler=No was to downgrade the BIOS to FB version after seeing some other posts that indicated that could be a suspect. Personally I'm not sure that was the issue and will sometime upgrade again but not right now...too exhausted and happy that it is working
To get your graphics card working fully download the nVidia package from the downloads page and install it. Don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild caches before you reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back