i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX 9100
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I successfully installed Mojave 10.14.0 and downloaded update 10.14.3 from Systems Preferences. On the subsequent restart to install the update (white Apple logo against a black screen) the progress bar moved ever so slightly then the screen turned black with a rotating progress circle and then freezes.

I then downloaded Supplemental Update 10.14.3 from Tonymacx86.com, and during the install to the SSD I get this informational msg:

Has anybody seen this with their install or update before?

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
CPU: Core i7-8700K
GPU: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
SSD: Samsung V-Nand SSD 860 EVO SATA M.2 (1 TB)
No Bluetooth or WiFi

10.14.3 insists on using APFS.
Make sure that you have ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi) in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ and then use Software Update to apply the update.

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi is present but not apfs.efi. I'll install apfs.efi and get back.

I replaced ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (22 KB) with apfs.efi (606 KB) rebooted and tried to install from System Preferences and I got the same result - a white Apple logo against a black screen) the progress bar moved ever so slightly then the screen turned black with a rotating progress circle and then freezes.

I'm going to reinstall Mojave 10.14.0 from a clean Unibeast install.

Just a curious question, Unibeast v9.1.0 shows a release of 4862, but the clover version that gets installed is 4769.
Is this right?

then use Software Update to apply the update.
If you use Software Update the app should recognise that the drive needs to be converted to APFS.

a white Apple logo against a black screen) the progress bar moved ever so slightly then the screen turned black with a rotating progress circle and then freezes.
You are wasting your time if you do not boot in verbose mode.

I'm going to reinstall Mojave 10.14.0 from a clean Unibeast install.
If you download Mojave from the App Store then you will get the current version not 10.14.0.

Last edited:
That's what's so puzzling, the Unibeast v9.1.0 download is r4862, but Clover r4769 gets installed. Each time I do a complete erase of the USB drive using Disk Utility.
Time to go back to square 1. I'll report back later, thanks for your help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back