CPU
Intel Core M5-6Y54, 1.1GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 515
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have a question about S/L/E and SIP. I have two Hacks on El Capitan; one was a direct upgrade from Yosemite, and the the other a clean install. I noticed that the System folder was hidden on both. After reading the info on SIP, I figured this was by design. I disabled SIP on my upgraded Hack (0x67), and upon reboot found that the System folder was now visible. Out of curiosity, I reenabled SIP partially (0x3), rebooted and the System folder remained visible. However, using this same procedure on my clean install Hack does not reveal the System folder. I need the System folder visible on that Hack, as I am going to replace the AppleHDA.kext with a modified one for my sound card (ALC662). Any ideas as to why I can't get the System folder to appear on the one Hack? Thanks.

If you want to work with /System in Finder, you can either run "open /System" from terminal, or open any Finder window and hit Command-Shift-G and then enter "/System". (There's also some preference setting to make Finder show ALL hidden files and folders, but that might be too much.)

I noticed this as well. But it didn't happen right away, I think it was after installing the most recent security patch avail for 10.11.6. Then found this post.
Using the chflags command;

Show hidden folder

$ sudo chflags nohidden /example/folder
(I needed to use -R argument to show the containing folders. -Rv will print the progress. eg:
$ sudo chflags -Rv nohidden /System )

Then to hide
$ sudo chflags hidden /example/folder

Use man chflags to read the manual in terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back