Contribute
Register

System doesn't boot after replacing NVIDIA GTX1050 with new AMD RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
One additional question, if I may:

I've just notice that I have InjectIntel enabled in the Graphics section of config.plist

I should turn that off, right? I mean, integrated graphics is disabled and I'm not using the video ports in the MoBo.
yes..should turn that off.

ig-platform-id should delete
OK Great. I'll try that.

What's the purpose of that ig-platform-id? I didn't add that value there. I guess it was added by clover or something. I didn't think much about it because I thought you needed to, at least, leave it at the default value of 0x-59120000.

OK Great. I'll try that.

What's the purpose of that ig-platform-id? I didn't add that value there. I guess it was added by clover or something. I didn't think much about it because I thought you needed to, at least, leave it at the default value of 0x-59120000.
you can delete it..AMD card can works without internal graphics

One additional question, if I may:

I've just notice that I have InjectIntel enabled in the Graphics section of config.plist

I should turn that off, right? I mean, integrated graphics is disabled and I'm not using the video ports in the MoBo.
I definitely appreciate your log of the trial/error you're going through. I'm doing lots of 4K video as well, but mine is 360VR (shot with either Samsung Gear360 or multi-cam GoPro rig). Recently ran across a few discussions on AMD cards, and got turned on to the fact that FCPX is optimized for AMD architecture, evidently. So I've now got AORUS Radeon RX580/8GB card (BTW, I don't even wanna tell you how much I had to pay a guy on CL for the card, since every computer store in Dallas has zero GPUs on their shelves).

Having (I think) the same problem as you - I get about 3/4 of the way through the final progress bar so that I can set date/time, create account name, etc (final steps before desktop renders for the first time). At that point, my monitor goes black. Not power-save mode where screen is completely off and power LED flashing in standby, but black with backlight running.

The specs for my build are in my signature - and I'm doing a completely fresh install of 10.13.3 via Unibeast on a new Samsung 960 Pro m.2. If you have a sec, would you mind posting a screen grab of your currently running EFI\Clover\kexts, and EFI\Clover\drivers64UEFI .... ?? I may have to dig into my Unibeast key's Clover folder & make some tweaks, based on what you've got going on.

Many thanks!
--B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back