Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I'm stuck here.

I'm trying to patch the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext with the one from Mieze, but it somehow doesen't work! I don't get any error while installing, but it doesen't look successeful as well.
When I want to use EasyBeast, it gives me an error!
FakeSMC and HWMonitor as well. Just an error after installing.
No changes after a reboot. I don't get any temps.
I could try patching the motherboard BIOS but I'm scared that I'll screw everything up then.

Then, I installer the 3rd party SATA kext to get my Samsung SSD working correctly. At some stage I had SATAIII-speeds, but always after logging in the system froze. So I reinstalled everything and now I only run on Sata-2.

Next strange thing (opened another thread for that): My Cinema Display isn't working. The screen stays just black and it isn't detected by OS X. It also doesen't show me the BIOS or so.
But I can select it's Audio - and it works! If I plug it into my MacBook, it works as well. The screen itself isn't broken.
It doesent matter whether I plug it into the iGPU or the GTX 680.

Little info to my build:

ASUS Sabertooth Z77
Intel i7 3770k @ stock 3.5Ghz (for now)
EVGA GTX 680 2048 MB
16GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB
3x WD 1TB HDDs.

All of the hardware above gets listet correctly.

I need to wait for another SATAIII-cable until I can plug my second SSD in where Windows is installed to check how the system works there.

Thanks for the help! At öeast everything is booting and stable so far^^

I made quite some progress.
MB and HWMonitor were giving me failed installs all the time. I found the reason for that, it was a unnecessary kext.
Now monitoring is working fine, and Geekbench went up to 13300.

Still, my Cinema Display refuses to work. I suspect the adapter, but I can't test it.
Sleep and everything wroks fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back