Contribute
Register

System Definitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it not be easier to just boot with SMBIOS=Null and reinstall the Mac Pro 3,1 sysdef from multibeast?

Perhaps... if the system will boot that way.

Neither of my hacks (Intel DH67BL desktop, HP ProBook 4530s) will boot successfully without a proper smbios.plist (eg. they won't boot with SMBIOS=Null).

Ill try this once I get my Mountain Lion USB back up, deleted it thinking I wasn't going to need it anymore. I might have trouble typing in the code because I'm still not fully understanding what it should look like, so I will get back to you if I have any problems. One last question, what wwill the code do when I type it into the terminal?

Ill try this once I get my Mountain Lion USB back up, deleted it thinking I wasn't going to need it anymore.

It is a good idea to keep your Unibeast USB. It is your recovery USB... And if you use TimeMachine for backups (everyone should have a backup) you can restore after HDD failure using it.

I might have trouble typing in the code because I'm still not fully understanding what it should look like, so I will get back to you if I have any problems.

You probably should use copy/paste when possible.

One last question, what wwill the code do when I type it into the terminal?

It renames AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.backup so OS X doesn't load it.

You can get documentation for any terminal command by typing 'man <command>'. For example 'man mv' will give you documentation on the 'mv' command (move).

http://imgur.com/Bpvs4Lq
What am I doing wrong with the terminal? I am using Uniboot to use the USB drive with Mountain Lion on it to boot, and I am in the installation, using the Terminal to type the code.

So just type "boot flag -x" into the terminal?

http://imgur.com/Bpvs4Lq
What am I doing wrong with the terminal? I am using Uniboot to use the USB drive with Mountain Lion on it to boot, and I am in the installation, using the Terminal to type the code.

Details are important. See post #10. It is ./System/Library/Extensions, not /System/Extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back